How tall are you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How tall are you?

I know this sounds a strange question, but we went out for a test drive in the ForFour, and the guy from the dealers fitted in just fine.. he's 6 foot 3. Mrs Dynamoo is only 5 foot 2 and had to squeeze up a *lot* at the front.. seems to be a good car if you're tall, not so good if you're short.

Mrs Dynamoo fits just fine in the roadie though

I'm 6'3. I think the height of the seat must be a problem for smaller people because to reach the pedals you need to be v. close to the wheel. I changed my mind about buying a roadie as it was just too small and awkward for getting in and out. The city-coupe is much easier to live with!

Comment

I'm 5'11" which seems to be the perfect size for a roadie. Sometimes I'm glad I'm not tall!

Comment

6'3" Fit the Roady, fit the For2, and fit the For4, maybe they should build another car!

ForSmallPeople!

Comment

:smile: I'm 5' 10" and have no probles at all with driving my Smartie, although it does seem to be a car that 'taller' people find easier to drive for some reason...

Comment

I'm a modest 5'... admittedly I have to pull the seat right up to the steering wheel to reach the pedels... my hubby John who's 6'3" says I should sue the Council for building the footpath so close to me arse!!! Charming!!
            But I feel my Smartie caters for extremes of height quite nicely thank you.

Sioux

Comment

should sue the Council for building the footpath so close to me arse!!! Charming!!
              LMAO...bless.

I'm about 5' 6" (ish) and find my smartie more comfortable than my old "cough" Micra "cough" .

Comment

I'm 5' 10" and have a Pulse Cabrio.
                I find that the steering wheel is a bit close if I set the seat so that the peddles are at the correct distance. Also, with the seat like this, the steering wheel cuts off the line of sight to the top of the speedometer.
                If I set the seat so that my arms feel comfortable the foot peddles are a bit far off.
                Oh well - never mind - I love the little thing!
                ------------------------------------------
                Oops - just realised this is the ForFour section (well done Dave).
                I haven't driven or ridden in a ForFour but I think smart have done a really good job in making it look like a smart. I really like the dark metallic grey 'tridion' with white panels (looks a bit like a giant pander bear from the front).

Last edited by Ian Bower; 10-02-05, 08:13 AM.

Comment

6'4" and I fit in a Forfour just fine thanx, and I even have the driver's seat forward of the max position in my Coupe !! Smarts are excellently comfortable cars.

Comment

So.. it does seem the ForFour is for tall 'uns!

A shame, because I like the ForFour, but since Mrs Dynamoo is only 5'2" she doesn't really fit!

Comment

Well I'm only 5 feet five and my wife if only 5 feet two

I have a Black edition without seat height adjustment. I have inserted 15 mm spacers in the rear seat bolt positions (new longer bolts) and we both find the car very comfortable.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X