Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 44(auto) 'Stutering' in crawl...

Has anyone experienced this?

When the car slows to a crawl it some times stutters like its about to stall... This also happens when moving off.

My 44 is an auto so it has no clutch, so the computer does all the clutch work. Is there any way to prevent this? Or is there something wrong with my 44?

To be honest I have only tried the auto Forfour on diesel form and the extra torque of the engine probably overcomes any problem with the crawl mode.

Once you have almost slowed to a stop the clutch partly releases again with the engine at near idle speed so it's pretty close to the stall point, but as you say the computer mapping should take care of any potential problem. The diesel I drove was a bit jerky as you almost stop and then off it goes again in crawl mode.

I would say if it is bad enough to make slow speed driving uncomfortable I would at least get the settings checked at the dealer

Comment

Friend of mine said it could be due to the fact that it hasnt been broken in yet. Apparently new engines can behave badly for a little while. So I'll see if this improves over the next month.

It's still a manual at heart, maybe I'm too used to driving automatics.

Comment

My Roadster is about 6 months old now and I've had this stalling 'sensation' a few times, Just ignore it whenever it does it now.

Comment

You can also get this staggering effect on the Fortwo, its just the way the cluch comes in and out.

The best way to avoid this on all these cars, on start up, is to put the foot down a little bit more on the accelarator than you doing at present, this creates enough revs to counter this effect.

On coming to an almost standstill and then moving off again (ie, in a queue), you can get this effect again, The secret is just to apply a bit more revs.

If you do find the juddering/staggering effect is not overcome with this or its taking to many revs to do this, then get to your dealer.

Comment

Yes, I did notice it only happens under 15 rev on the conter. Or could be 10.

Well, in that case I'll probably just get used to a different driving style...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X