Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a MP3 Player

Hi.

Following curiosity and the howto about it, I tried to set up a MP3 player on my 44. However, since I have no Navigator, but a Radio Five instead, I can't find how to connect the player.. specially b/c Radio5 seems to have no AUX, at least on the menus. I took a look at the back of the radio, and found nothing. Is there anyway I can succeed doing this, without expending much money and/or swapping the radio. I plan on adding 2 more speakers and tweeters, since I have only the 2 frontal, original ones. I don't have much knowhow about car sound systems, however i'm willing to learn. Help is appreciated, tho I heard something about having to set up a FM modulator or an amplifier. Perhaps I should add a amplifier, and connect the MP3 to it directly?

Thx in advance!

You only hope is either an Itrip if you are using an Ipod (quality can be sketchy) or an FM modulator, again, quality isn't great.

Comment

its a MuVo n200, no money for iPod right now =(
      I was wondering, what if I connect it directly to an amp?

Comment

does the forfour radio 5 (?? ) have the facility to add an multichanger cd player to it ??

If it does (like the fortwo) and you haven't got the multichanger, then you will (should) be able to fool it into thinking it has a multichanger fitted and feed the audio in via that route

If it can be done on the 44 , then you might get the comm displayed in the display whilst you are using it , but it doesn't hurt it

But if you can't add a multichnger to the system, then all what I have said is useless

Comment

is it possible to give us a picture of the rear of your radio?

let's see what connections are on it then take it from there

Comment

I'm expecting my digicam to arrive.. should be on monday. I will take a pic of it by then =)

Comment

Mine is done through an FM modulator, the quality is ok. I didnt realise it blows away all other radio stations while its on though...

You can get an IceLink for an ipod, but I doubt it will work for anything else. The audio dealers I went to said they had no way to connect it as a CD changer... yet. So if you find a way let me know

Cost me 400 for the unit itself and 211 for everything else including fitting... Which is way too expensive if you ask me, but oh well.

Comment

I use a 'Sound feeder' SF100 on my roadster, but would work just as well on a ForFour.

It is supplied from the ciggy lighter socket and the chances of another car picking the music up is very slim. Their radio would have to be on the same frequency and also within 10 metres of the car.

Normally I would say within 5 metres of the car, but the roadster/ForFour is not sheilded with metal panels like other cars, so I am transmitting music futher out, ....far out man

I bought this item in the UK for £10 a few years ago, and it allows me to connect any portable audio device, like a CD player, MP3 player (which the SF100 actually powers as well).

The frequency you want can be selected from an FM choice, then just tune in your radio to that frequency and you get the portable players music. GREAT :note:

Heres some detail about it on Ebay (its a USA item, but you can get them in the UK easily enough):-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...5749394929&rd=1

Comment

of another car picking the music up is very slim. Their radio would have to be on the same frequency and also within 10 metres of the car.

So what if it does ?? :smile:

How is the other listener going to know it's coming from your car?? ..

Unless he can connect your head nodding to the beat of the tune :tongue: :biggrin:

Comment

Well thanks to Kane at evilution, my fortwo now has the ipod mini running through the stereo and it sounds pretty good. Now all I need to do is put some speakers in the head rests for a bit of surround sound!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X