Reliable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reliable

If there have not been any mishaps or problems on for-fours during the last month. Are they that Reliable??

is the for four Reliable

In a word ......... Yes ......... I've had mine ( a 1.3 passion with loads of goodies ) since they were released here in September 04 ...... thats almost 9 months now and the car has'nt missed a beat ....... ( fingers crossed and touching wood cause I dont want to risk anything .....lol ) ..... it just does everything it's supposed to do and does it very well .....I had a roadster coupe before the for four and I loved it but I had so much trouble with it I just had to reject it ........ if they could make the roadie as reliable as the for four it would be an amazing car and then I'd love to have another one .......but right now I'm very pleased with my for four .........i rekon it's a winner all the way .

Comment

I have an 04 roadster which has been trouble since day 1 - I have a 4-4 as a courtesy car at the mo with more miles on it than my own car & it is perfect ! NO rattles everything works - just as good MPG - sat nav is ace - very very impressed !

Comment

oh I should have a moan, I didn't get sat nav in my forfour loaner grr

doors and sun roof panels buzz though, tiz a diseasil tho' only has 2300 on it and was thinking on sunday how much quieter than my diseasil volvo, but then on reflection no panels buzz in the volvo, only suffering none common rail diesel noise and tyre noise, oh and it is 2001 model with 87000 on the clock, I wonder how the forfour will sound with that sort of mileage on it?

I think it possibly is the lower spec diesel as no where near as nippy as the petrol 1.5 forfour, and what is it with smarts and second gear? what exactly is it there for it seems absolutely redundant?

As cars go though quite nice.

Comment

Ive only had my BRABUS for 2 weeks or so (500miles), the only issue I have is crunchy first & reverse gears (first mainly). The other BRABUS I drove didnt suffer this. Oh and I borrowed a 95CDi which the turbo went on. Drove 15miles fine, we stopped, pulled away and it just was flat as a pancake. Oh dear. Maybe it was as it had been sat for ages on the forecourt.

But then i've not had many problems with any of my other smarts. Ive had the ABS/ESP lights thing on every one bar the last one, and a few rattles. Even my roadster didnt leak (but I only had it in the summer).

Tony

Comment

My wife has had her For Four, 1.1 Passion, all silver with loads of goodies since Nov and it has not missed a beat either, she loves it (she likes the car also)

Keith

Comment

I've had my 1.5 Passion since last October, and it's covered 13000 miles.

Unfortunately it had to have a new ST+ gearbox earlier this year and it suffers a bit from creaking front suspension at times, but i love it.

Looking forward to another trip around the Highlands later this summer in it.:smile:

Craig

Comment

Re: Reliable

Hi Everybody

This is my first post on this forum :smile:

I have owned a 1.5 Passion with full BRABUS kit, but unfortunately without modified engine for 9 months and the only problems I've had are minor rattles coming from the back seats (I think) and the exhaust heat shield fell off !!

Picking my non-pretendy ForFour BRABUS up in 5 days time, can't wait !!

John

Comment

Originally posted by onepixeldeep
                  Picking my non-pretendy ForFour BRABUS up in 5 days time, can't wait !!
                  Welcome :shade:

I'm sure you'll :love: it (as I do mine) you're now a member of a VERY select group, my dealer has only sold one forfour BRABUS (mine) and i've yet to see another on the road. What colour and spec are you getting??
                  Last edited by J500ANT; 16-07-05, 07:53 AM.

Comment

The creaky front end can be solved by a trip to the dealers for them to un-do and then tighten some bolts! It seems everything settles after a while and the angle the bolts need to be at changes!

Kate

Comment

Originally posted by J500ANT
                      Welcome :shade:

I'm sure you'll :love: it (as I do mine) you're now a member of a VERY select group, my dealer has only sold one forfour BRABUS (mine) and i've yet to see another on the road. What colour and spec are you getting??
                      Hi, thanks for the nice welcome J500ANT

I'm getting an all black one (but resisting the almost uncontrollable urge to get the Tridium shell painted orange) !!. Spec is standard apart from 'Smart Radio Six' and the 'Sound Pack'.

Couldn't really afford any more 'kit' as I paid almost £17,000 for my 'fake' ForFour BRABUS 9 months ago and have lost almost £8000 trading it in for the real thing.

What spec is yours ?

Comment

I am loving the one i have on loan just now a 1.5 ltr passion, very nice drive...u know i might even consider one!!

Comment

Mine is all silver, has the Radio6, Visibility pack (headlamp washers and auto lights/wipers) and a rear bench. It wasn't the spec I chose, it was what was there (it was meant to be smart of Swindon's demo but for me, Mr No1 customer, they made an exception!) However i'm pleased with the spec i've got. You may miss the visibility pack, the sensor for the lights/wipers does a marvellous job of assisting the useless sun visors.

I dont like the idea of £8k depreciation on your old one though............

Comment

Originally posted by J500ANT
                            Mine is all silver, has the Radio6, Visibility pack (headlamp washers and auto lights/wipers) and a rear bench. It wasn't the spec I chose, it was what was there (it was meant to be smart of Swindon's demo but for me, Mr No1 customer, they made an exception!) However i'm pleased with the spec i've got. You may miss the visibility pack, the sensor for the lights/wipers does a marvellous job of assisting the useless sun visors.

I dont like the idea of £8k depreciation on your old one though............
                            Very nice Tony

Well, when I bought my last ForFour, I bought almost £5000 worth of 'extras', including the 'La strada' body kit (Side skirts, front and rear aprons and spoiler). Also got the twin exhaust and a host of other bits and pieces - you gotta remember that this was a 1.5 Passion that looked to all intents and purposes like a BRABUS. Anyway, alll those extras were lost when I traded last week. Also, the fact that you can buy a 1.5 Petrol Passion for £10,000 now did not help

John

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X