Suspension querey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension querey

Have a forfour CDi as a loner at the moment and one thing possibly would put me of purchasing one of these, namely the suspension.

I notice on leaving the A303 on the exit which is a tightish lefthander that the rear suffers quite a bit of squish, giving the feeling of the back end going down a fair bit and does not inspire confidence. If anyone has driven a metro in the past it is a similar feeeling to the way that they corner.

Is this normal in all none Brab forfours or should I highlight this to my dealer when I hand it back? I don't remember the petrol version I had doing this.

how is it on right handers ?

Comment

My wifes petrol for four does not seem to suffer that, it might be worth mentioning it when you return it.

Keith

Comment

I had a ForFour as a loan car the other week and never noticed anything like that but I drove it gently so wouldn't have shown up.
        Bit pointless then my comment. :embarasse
        Oh well. Hope you are OK MadDan.

Comment

I is fine ta!, right handers at any amount of speed normally an unknown quantity over here unless a real twisty route, as you generally have to pull over and wait for gap in traffic or wait to cross mainroad etc.

Maybe the car has a soft spring seems fine on normal driving, it just reminds me of driving my wifes old Rover 111 / metro, maybe I ought to check the tyres in addition.

Comment

how about tyre pressure - smart are renowned for errr not doing them rightmg: allegedly:smile:

Comment

Mine's fine!

Hi!

I've got a 1.5 litre Passion and it corners like it's on rails!

Maybe this isn't a fair comparison cos I've got the Sports Pack so it may (should?) handle better anyway.

Kind Regards,

Jonathan

Comment

Tyres were all fine, still noticeable through week of using it, so I informed dealer when I handed it back, but the standard Roady springs are several orders of magnitude better I know the car is lighter etc, but in comparison to the forfour I had there isn't any roll in the same corners at Higher speeds - I still reckon there was something amiss with this car as the petrol 1.5 I had didn't cause any noticable concerns that I can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by madDan
                  Have a forfour CDi as a loner at the moment and one thing possibly would put me of purchasing one of these, namely the suspension.

I notice on leaving the A303 on the exit which is a tightish lefthander that the rear suffers quite a bit of squish, giving the feeling of the back end going down a fair bit and does not inspire confidence. If anyone has driven a metro in the past it is a similar feeeling to the way that they corner.

Is this normal in all none Brab forfours or should I highlight this to my dealer when I hand it back? I don't remember the petrol version I had doing this.
                  This wasnt a comment on Michelin tyres and the American F1?

Tony

Comment

Re: Suspension querey

There is a 'service measure' to losen and then allow to drop into correct position the re-tighten some of the suspension bolt bits, sorry to be so technical! Dave's has just been done at SoB today.

Kate

Comment

Re: Suspension querey

so it does sound as if there actually was a problem, as like I said I didn't think the original petrol I'd had did it.

Same corner in my tank of a Volvo higher speeds no rear end squish just like roady.

So I'd say it's just worth making people aware of this concern.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X