locking wheel nuts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• locking wheel nuts

Im picking up my shiny Forfour on saturday (its a passion 1.3) I just want to know if they come with lockable wheel-nuts on the alloys? I would assume they do but as im starting to realise Smart like to charge you for everything.

So can alyone here with a Passion let me know if it does?

Cheers
    SQ

Re: locking wheel nuts

You're learning fast, they charge you for them - even on an £18k BRABUS (but I knew this and got a set thrown in on the deal)

Comment

honestly!!

Ok, I suppose I will need to give them a ring tomorrow. Im not picking it up without them

Comment

not just smart all manufacturers make fortunes on extras and then the dealers get to sell those extra bits you gotta have!

Comment

Smartqat
          No .......they dont come standard , you'll have to buy some .......but if I were you I'd go to a wheel / tyre place and get them ....... cheaper than main dealer .......good luck with the car ......I hope you enjoy it as much as i do mine ......

Comment

cheers for the info guys

Comment

The annoying thing is that these things must cost them about £1.26 or so to make (or buy in) yet if they fitted them as standard then the insurance groupings may be a bit lower. :angry:

Comment

Do yourself a favour and buy genuine locking nuts for your car, they'll be safer!

Originally posted by J500ANT
                You're learning fast, they charge you for them - even on an £18k BRABUS (but I knew this and got a set thrown in on the deal)
                discount on a Brab Forfun...:eek: thats outrageous!
                Fudge!
                fudge@fudgesmart.co.uk

Engine Rebuilding - sw-exclusive Remaps - TAN Codes - Key Fob Coding - Servicing

All Services Available Mobile, Key Coding Available 24/7

www.fudgesmart.co.uk
                www.sw-x.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Fudge
                  discount on a Brab Forfun...:eek: thats outrageous!
                  Thats what you get when you're number 1 customer man!

Comment

I got some from mine a few weeks ago from MB when I picked Barnaby up, they cost me just over £27.00, well worth the money. I tried at Halfords but they were asking about £35.00. Plus could see the right type in Halfords. Have fun with your new forfour. :teeth:

Comment

Originally posted by J500ANT
                      Thats what you get when you're number 1 customer man!
                      Every customer is my number one..... well almost... anyway, you now know where to order the next one from to get a brolly!:biggrin: and Locking Nuts!
                      Fudge!
                      fudge@fudgesmart.co.uk

Engine Rebuilding - sw-exclusive Remaps - TAN Codes - Key Fob Coding - Servicing

www.fudgesmart.co.uk
                      www.sw-x.co.uk

Comment

Tool kit needed to remove most non genuine nuts = Hammer, Sockets 13mm 14mm 15mm 16mm, ratchet.

Offer socket that looks just too small to the nut, Bang with hammer and undo just like you had the proper socket fingy!

Tool Kit needed to remove genuine nuts = 3 or 4Tungsten Carbide Drill Bits, Hammer Drill, 4 hours, generator ( for drill )

Start Geny, Sit on floor, make yourself comfy you'll be there a while, offer Drill bit no 1 to nut, start drilling, after 1 hour change bit, repeat till arrested or smaked about the head by the owner.
                        Fudge!
                        fudge@fudgesmart.co.uk

www.fudgesmart.co.uk
                        www.sw-x.co.uk

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X