Help, Which engine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, Which engine

Ok, so I'm about to buy a forfour for the wife!

Have driven the 1.3 and found it a bit noisy and reading a number of reviews it gets slated for bein the worst one of all.

The car will be the auto version as she does a 20 mile each way stop start commute.

opinions please on what engine, and if it is the 1.5 or the 95bhp CDI is it really worth the extra £1000?

Thanks

Re: Help, Which engine

Go for the diesel. Nice 3cyl jobbie, sounds like a smart should.

Comment

We got the 1.3 as it was more nippy than the 1.1 and it was also the most quiet..

The diesels are ment to be good, but they are quite expensive and if you dont do many miles they dont really work out much cheaper.

Comment

I've got the 1.1 auto and it does seem a little bit noisy, but it goes and accelerates fast enough for me :teeth: The auto gear change did seem a bit laggy at first, but I've either got used to it or in the first 1k it's sorted itself out.

Comment

We have a 95 bhp diesel and I have just collected a 1.1 petrol as a loan for 24 hrs from the dealer whilst my city coupe is in for a recall. The 1.1 is noisier than the diesel, less powerful even than my 599 cc city and just doesn't seem half as nice to drive.

The one we have is auto with paddles and the 1.1 is a manual and I felt I was changing down loads in it just driving round the shops and a quick trip up the motorway home.

I'd suggest driving them all and see which you prefer, the 1.3 might be the right compromise but I've only ever driven one as a LHD quick test drive and don't really remember it well enough to compare.

Kate

Comment

hopefully i will collect my derv on thursday not heard the dervs only petrol ones but good reviews on the dervs....

Comment

test drove a 1.3 and a diesel a month or so ago... was more impressed with the diesel personally.

Comment

I liked the big diesel engine version, but it worked out to not be worth the extra money etc compared to the 1.3 petrol as the wife wont do 100's miles.

Still I got a bargin in the end, and although ive only had the car for about 2 weeks Its quickly become a favourite.. I cant get over how good it looks and handles around corners compared to other cars in its class.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X