Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comfort or Visiblity?

Hi Everyone!

Getting my first Smart next week, very excited, I could squeal with happiness. Always longed for a Forfour, well since last year anyway.

Quick question, I've been told mine has the comfort pack because if you press the key three times or something the headlights come on to guide you to your door and then switch off but it hasn't got electric wing mirrors or back windows so I'm wondering is this a feature of the visibility pack or is that feature just standard on all 44s?

If anyone can help I would be very appreciative. Honest. :kiss2:

Re: Comfort or Visiblity?

not sure if the comfort pack in the 44 is the same as the roadie, but in the roadie it consists of the trip computer, cruise control and speed limiter, light sensors and rain sensors.
    :smile:

In retrospect, I suppose "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" wasn't a great "safe word..."

Comment

Thanks Gav, I think the 44 comfort pack is different but maybe the guy who told me was getting mixed up between the two.

Hmmmmm, I'm so confused by it, really i shouldn't be allowed to buy cars by myself. It would have never ended up pink if someone had stopped me...

Comment

The leccy windows and mirrors must be the comfort pack as we have the visibility pack and don't have them!

The visibility pack is auto lights and wipers as far as I can tell!

Kate

Comment

Hi Kate,

So do you have the whole the headlights staying on for 20 seconds so you can get to your front door thing going on on yours?

Did what I just said actually make sense? Don't know, but i guess I haven't got the comfort package, just have to wait to see if I have the visibility one. The anticipation is killing me.

Comment

Right... comfort pack:
            twin face armrest, adjustable lumbar support (driver), electric windows (rear), electrically adjustable and heated door mirrors

In retrospect, I suppose "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" wasn't a great "safe word..."

Comment

visibility package - (rain sensor, headlight wash/wipe system, light
              on/automatic activation of driving lights in poor visibility)

leather package - (black leather upholstery & heated seats)

sports package - (sports suspension, 3-spoke leather steering wheel and
              leather gear knob, blue tinted glass, "moveline" 4-spoke alloy wheels - 6.5 x
              16 with 205/45 R16 tyres - not compatible with trailer hitch)

Comment

Gosh, just noticed i spelt visibility wrong on the tread title. I'm such a dinkus.

Comment

Gav, you are truly a star and I shall love you forever in my own special way.

Looks as if I may have neither then doesn't it? No matter, I still love my baby even tho I've not got him yet.

Cheers for the help.

Comment

All part of the service :smile:
                    I'm sure the little packages won't ruin the owning experience for you :smile:

Comment

OK... I have

Pulse 1.1
                      Plus auto box
                      (came with free Passion alloys on it... feck knows how but I'm not arguing)
                      No additional packs.

I have elec front, manual rear windows, manual mirrors, and a double press of unlock lights up for 20 secs when going out to the car and a double press of lock lights up for 20 secs when coming out of the car.

So I'm guessing that feature is in the base specification.

Comment

Aha! Thanks Doogie.

And Gav, no i'm sure it won't ruin my Smart experience. I'm really looking forward to waving at other smarties. It's surely the best bit.
                        Last edited by SmartGrrl; 09-08-05, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Gav's Pulled. LOL

mick

Comment

Hi smartgrrl.....
                            Which for four are you getting ...... ie , what engine size and which model . ..... pulse /passion ....????? ......
                            I have had mine since they came out last Sept , It's a 1.3 passion with loads of nice toys , and yes it does have the feature your talking about with the lights, I als have the a/c , panoramic glass roof , trip computer and multifunction steering wheel and radio six ....... but i do not have e/ mirrors or rear e/windows .....there are so many options to choose from when the car is ordered new that there will be dozens of different combinations .......but one thing sould be the same whatever spec .......the car is a gem ...... mine has'nt missed a beat ( touch wood and fingers crossed ) and it will be it's first birthday in september ........... good luck ........enjoy it .......

Comment

Oooooh, it's 1 .5 cdi 95 bhp passion with as it turns out no extras. Comfort pack would have been lovely but i guess it's something i can have done later (?) altho I really really want the SatNav, heard it's great and I'm terrible with directions so that will be my next purchase when i can afford it. Couldn't afford a new one so my baby is Sept last year too, I shall have to throw a party. It's being sprayed at the mo and it's gonna be silver and pink and I'm toying with the name Hector but that could all change when I first see him. Glad yours is going well, I'm quite worried about why anyone would sell them less than a year old, maybe that's just me worrying but I love them can't see why anyone'd want to give one up. The madness of it all.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X