Wheels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels

Hi guys, ive just joined this great forum and had a quick question i would like to ask you guys. I have a ForFour and would like to put some new aftermarket wheels on to it. I would appreciate it if you could tell me some suggestions and maybe some pictures aswell. Thanks alot, Rob

Re: Wheels

Well, you first net has got to be to look at the SRU site as they've got a lot of 44 stuff in there.

you're in a much better position that the 4-2 or roadie owners - as IIRC the 4-4 has got 4 stud wheels
    so you've already got a wider choice to pick from.

In retrospect, I suppose "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" wasn't a great "safe word..."

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Hertford
      Hi guys, ive just joined this great forum and had a quick question i would like to ask you guys. I have a ForFour and would like to put some new aftermarket wheels on to it. I would appreciate it if you could tell me some suggestions and maybe some pictures aswell. Thanks alot, Rob
      I'm in same situation as you. Here's a few websites you can try. They have a configurator which is really good

www.aez-wheels.com
      www.wolfrace.co.uk
      www.ozracing.com
      www.rondell.de

I nearly went for the AEZ Xylo which are selling for £499 at www.motor-world.co.uk but finally settled for the Wolfrace Street Octane.

Comment

Those Wolfrace Street Octane are very nice indeed

Comment

The ForFour has a PCD (pitch circle diameter) of 114.3mm which is the same as almost all 4 stud Mitsubishi fitments, pic up a car comic like Max Power and look at the deals in the back of that.

Comment

No answer to enquiry on 'another site' but we (sorry, she) want alloys on Black Pulse 44.
            I was concerned about degredation of already 'budget' ride qualities using 17" wheels & 'rubber band' 40 tyres.
            Agree the Street Octane look the most suitable per £.
            Any comments on ride / handling issues from live 44 owners would be useful ?

Comment

Spoilt for choice!

Here's Rimstocks' advice....

" the smart forfour will take rims up to 18",you could pretty much choose any wheel from or ranges excluding the rimfire,eiger and diablo."

Comment

I've had the brabus 17" fitted to my 1.5 & although they are a bit noiser the car sticks to the road like glue ( well most of the time, don't think it's a good idea going round a rounabout at 50mph )

i know they are expensive wheels but if you look around ( ebay etc .. ) you can get some at a good price.

Comment

Here's some tech specs about wheel size:

PCD: 4x114.3
                  Bore: 67.1
                  Offset: 46

Check alloyguides.co.uk and you can find other cars that have similar specs that u can match up wheels with. With the offset, you can stray a little off the spec and you may want to use a wheel spacer to make up big differences.

Comment

I've just fitted some 16's to mine, good balance between handling (now like a roadie with sports pack!) and decent rid eon B roads!

Kate

Comment

My car has the sport pack with 205/45 x 16 tyres. The ride is too hard for our taste and | am looking to fit new wheels with about 60% tyre profile. Does anyone know the correct size to go for, and will it affect gearing?

Comment

195/55 R15 would be closest, perhaps you could do a swap with a fellow forfour owner willing to swap his standard 15s... I'd like to...

Comment

what you think of this

he he he!!!

Comment

Looks a bit photoshopped to me...

Pimp my forfour?

Comment

Originally posted by HoagieKat
                              Looks a bit photoshopped to me...