Transponder Key

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transponder Key

Can anyone shed some light on this one for me. I ordered an new trasponder key for my 4 4 from Smart of Cardiff and was told I needed the v5 to order the key no problems except £63 but must have must pay. I then recieved A phone call to tell me my key was in brilliant however the car needs to go into the workshop for the key to be tuned to the car £? ok book it in 3 weeks time ok sir again needs and must but can I pick up key incase we get locked out yes no problem.

I popped into parts department to pick up key must have v5 sir but ordered it with v5 and booked car in for three weeks time to have key tuned only to be told I don't think it needs to tuned should work straight out of box but your not having it to try coz no v5.

Any way after a lot of discussion turns out I am the first person to order a 4 4 key from them and they dont't know whether it needs tuning or not can any one help on this.

Re: Transponder Key

forfour keys are ready cut to fit the mechanical locks but have to be coded in the workshop to activate the remote & immobiliser.

If you have already produced your V5 to order the key you shouldn't need to produce it again to collect, as you have already proved ownership and a copy of this should have been filed when the key was ordered.

the cost of programming is £10 for software (TAN number) plus whatever labour Cardiff want to charge.
    Last edited by smartypartfast; 02-09-05, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X