Alarm going off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alarm going off

Hi, my for four came with an alarm and used to go off maybe once a day when a big lorry went passed my parked car. I then had an issue where the alarm would not stop so I had to disable it until the smart garage got the part to fix it. I have rang the garage again because now I am walking around the house with my car keys everytime a lorry passes the alarm goes off,it is mega sensative . I am not technical I have asked if they can tweak it in some way does anyone else have this problem ?

Re: Alarm going off

ROFL!!!, forfour alarms are absolutely know for their damned alarms - you should have heard them all going off at the L2B.
    AFAIK the sensitivity can be turned down, though don't know if it is a dealer fix - I suspect it is.

In retrospect, I suppose "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" wasn't a great "safe word..."

Comment

Yep, there have been some issues with the settings, get it to a dealer and get the suspension and wing mirrors done too as there are service measures for them too!

Kate

Comment

thanks Gav and lilsmartie, the mirrors got upgraded a couple of weeks ago but my poor car came back with a scratch, it looked as though someone had caught it with a tool so it is in the smart garage tomorrow to sort it !

Comment

Smart of Leeds de-sensitised my alarm for me and now it is fine. Pity they can't fix the seat height adjuster. Now had 7 attempts including a new seat. Booked in yet again on 21st for two days. Will this be a Christmas miracle?

Comment

Originally posted by Stiggy-Sawdust
            Smart of Leeds de-sensitised my alarm for me and now it is fine. Pity they can't fix the seat height adjuster. Now had 7 attempts including a new seat. Booked in yet again on 21st for two days. Will this be a Christmas miracle?
            If your seat keeps dropping down then its probably that your catching it when you get in. I gave up on mine and set it at its lowest, but I think you could switch the levers from one side to the other to stop this happening. Try removing the handle for a week to see if it still lowers all by itself.

Comment

My alarm went to be tweaked but the main smart guy was on his hols, unfortunatly it is still FAR TOO SENSITIVE will be asking again about this, but the seat thing !!! I have had no problems whatsoever, good job mind if mine was on the lowest setting I don't think I would see over the dash !!!

Comment

Mine keeps going off aswell!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X