Convert 1.5 Petrol to Brabus ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert 1.5 Petrol to Brabus ?

Fingers crossed I'll be getting my 1.5 ForFour petrol on wednesday ( couldn't afford a Brabus )

Technically & mechanically is it possible that any of the big boys ( smartsrus, smartarse ) are working on or considering some kind of upgrade package to take the standard 1.5 to brabus spec 1.5 or near to?

I know the brabus is 1.5 with a turbo so could a standard 1.5 have a turbo fitted &some kind of remap / extra pipes fitted to bring it to near enough the same spec ?

FAO Smartsrus / Smartarse :a reply from yourselves regarding news of anything in development would be fantastic.

Re: Convert 1.5 Petrol to Brabus ?

its a completely different engine, the brabus is belt driven the 1.5 chain driven, everything is different! ( brabus forfours need a belt every 3rd service...... that'll make em weep! )

The murmer from the krouts is that superchargers are the way forwards!
    Fudge!
    fudge@fudgesmart.co.uk

Engine Rebuilding - sw-exclusive Remaps - TAN Codes - Key Fob Coding - Servicing

All Services Available Mobile, Key Coding Available 24/7

www.fudgesmart.co.uk
    www.sw-x.co.uk

Comment

ok cool , what about remaps then for the 1.5 ForFour ?

I know smart do the SB3 upgrade thing for the 1.5 which supposedly involves a couple of pipes being changed & a "remap" of the ecu & this is claimed to give you 122BHP instead of 109BHP, smart quoted me £1000+ for this which frankly is shocking !!

Comment

Originally posted by Fudge
        ( brabus forfours need a belt every 3rd service...... that'll make em weep! )
        :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Will anyone notice over the bawling that already happens when us forfour BRABUS owners realise we've bought one of the highest depreciating hot hatches currently available?

Comment

Originally posted by kaizer
          ok cool , what about remaps then for the 1.5 ForFour ?

I know smart do the SB3 upgrade thing for the 1.5 which supposedly involves a couple of pipes being changed & a "remap" of the ecu & this is claimed to give you 122BHP instead of 109BHP, smart quoted me £1000+ for this which frankly is shocking !!
          The full SB3 kit includes Cam Shaft, Followers and Valve Springs too! with the labour of all that the price is reasonable!
          Fudge!
          fudge@fudgesmart.co.uk

Engine Rebuilding - sw-exclusive Remaps - TAN Codes - Key Fob Coding - Servicing

www.fudgesmart.co.uk
          www.sw-x.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by J500ANT
            :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Will anyone notice over the bawling that already happens when us forfour BRABUS owners realise we've bought one of the highest depreciating hot hatches currently available?
            Demo prices are ok at the moment, my Black demo sold for £ 15490, thats a £ 2,200 saving on new for a 10,000 mile car, there are cheap cars out there but be carefull! find out where they've been and why they are for sale, if they're not ex demo turn around and keep walking......

I am sure Murph and gang will do the cam belt changes cheaper than merc!

but seriously, if you really drive your brab four IMHO the belt should be changed every other service.

And anyway Tony, you own what IMHO is the best driving car I have ever driven (almost) and the engine sound when hitting rev limiter in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and then 4th is better than sex!

BTW anyone with a Brab four better 11.7 mpg from start for a 9 mile drive!:tongue:
            Last edited by Fudge; 18-12-05, 08:57 AM.
            Fudge!
            fudge@fudgesmart.co.uk

www.fudgesmart.co.uk
            www.sw-x.co.uk

Comment

thanks fudge, what a way to rub my nose in it by telling me how fast the brab forfour is. :smile:

I would've loved a brab forfour but for my budget it was just out of the questions that's why i've had to settle for a 1.5 & hoping some kind of remap will turn.

just knowing that a possible remap / upgrade of power is in the works would help curb the disappointment of not being able to afford a brabus.

Again any kind of reply from the big boys ( smartsrus / smartarse etc .. ) regarding this subject would be fantastic.

Comment

Demo prices are ok at the moment, my Black demo sold for £ 15490, thats a £ 2,200 saving on new for a 10,000 mile car, there are cheap cars out there but be carefull! find out where they've been and why they are for sale, if they're not ex demo turn around and keep walking......
                Indeed :censor: when I worked at a Vauxhall dealer, some guy wanted a cheaper Nova GTE which was new out, so we got him one direct from Vauxhall. He came in a while after with CAR magazine and it had pictures of his car in it...............

Originally posted by fudge
                I am sure Murph and gang will do the cam belt changes cheaper than merc!

but seriously, if you really drive your brab four IMHO the belt should be changed every other service.
                If I keep mine that long then it'll be done when its scheduled - as long as its in warranty then its covered if it goes before its due for replacement.

And anyway Tony, you own what IMHO is the best driving car I have ever driven (almost) and the engine sound when hitting rev limiter in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and then 4th is better than sex!
                You must be doing your sex wrong fella. Lets hope Mrs Fudge doesnt read this.

BTW anyone with a Brab four better 11.7 mpg from start for a 9 mile drive!:tongue:
                I had a 9.5mppg drive once (cant say anymore sorry :WOW and when I got to a stop off i let it tickover for a while, and the MPG was going up while sat running!

Comment

There will be re-maps for all the forfours some time early on in the new year!

Kate

Comment

There are already remaps, the power increase asked for can not be acheived with a remap...... serious hardware will be required.
                    Fudge!
                    fudge@fudgesmart.co.uk

www.fudgesmart.co.uk
                    www.sw-x.co.uk

Comment

Tony, you don't keep smarts long enough for 3 services

Comment

Originally posted by lil.smartie
                        There will be re-maps for all the forfours some time early on in the new year!

Kate
                        Great news !!

I know it's a bit early to ask but any idea of power increase expected on the 1.5 petrol model?

Comment

There are already remaps, the power increase asked for can not be acheived with a remap...... serious hardware will be required.
                          Fudge - so many questions, so little time...

Who does these remaps?
                          How much are they?
                          Are they any good?

Am I right in thinking that you have a 1.5 Forfour with the SB3 kit? If so, I am seriously considering this option - how would you rate it?

Thanks in advance
                          Paul

Comment

SW exclusives new UK website are showing petrol ForFour remaps as currently in developement & a little further done the page they have info on a remap + camshaft + Air filter package for the 1.5 petrol that'll take it to 132BHP.

hopefully will be a lot cheaper than the official one.

Comment

anyone heard anymore news lately about remaps ?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X