forfour brabus - insurance quotes....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forfour brabus - insurance quotes....

hi there guys, i wasnt sure if this was the right section to post this in so if its not mods feel free to move or delete this thread..

right pretty much straight to the point, im only 18 and a current owner of a 1.1 black edition forfour, and after drivin a brabus... i MUST AVE 1 :WOW:

im currently insured with direct line on my 1.1 and jus gave em a ring this mornin to be denied insurance on a brabus, they claimed they wnt insure me until im 21 :frown:

so im now asking you guys for insurance companys who mayb able 2 insure me?? this has to be possible, as a mate of mine who is only 17 is insured on a 2.0 golf gti fully comp for 3k... which at his age and livin in london is not actually that bad for such a car

any help will be greatly appreciated

shigs

Re: forfour brabus - insurance quotes....

You are really going to have to phone around the usual suspects.
    I'm currently with churchill for my roadster, and previously with tesco's.
    all you can do is phone around.
    (I doubt if MSM would want your business - I know a lot of people are going to sing their praises - they have never been any good to me).

In retrospect, I suppose "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" wasn't a great "safe word..."

Comment

Elephant are fab for young drivers, they have 10 month accelerator policies
      to help build up your no claims. try on line or give em a ring my son and daughter are both insured with them ( and my sons girlfriend)
      Bit of a tip.......... ask for your mam/dad to be on the policy as named driver it actually brings the quote down. Maccymoo saved £300 by putting me on his policy :teeth:

Comment

thanks for the help guys, atm ive only managed to get a quote from adrian flux... who quoted me a gob smacking 5k+ :WOW:

will keep searchin

Comment

Blimey - adrian flux is an unusual stop for a regular car! :eek: - I insured my kit car with them - would have used them for a 'regular' car though :eek:
          keep trying mate - it'll pay off (so to speak).

In retrospect, I suppose "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" wasn't a great "safe word..."

Comment

Might one suggest you try smart start, click on the smart site, details are there, or ring ya dealer!
            Fudge!
            fudge@fudgesmart.co.uk

Engine Rebuilding - sw-exclusive Remaps - TAN Codes - Key Fob Coding - Servicing

All Services Available Mobile, Key Coding Available 24/7

www.fudgesmart.co.uk
            www.sw-x.co.uk

Comment

Although you wont want too its probably worth saving your money!!
              3K on insurance to me is a hell of a lot of money to pay out just too get a car on the road. Also second to that there is the running costs and the forfour brabus is a very thirsty car when driven properly Although a very good car too I might add!

I know its the boring option but it might be worth getting a couple of years on claims behind ya first before you think about a change........

I bought a car that I could'nt afford to run and that mistake cost me 4K!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by maccymoo
                Also second to that there is the running costs and the forfour brabus is a very thirsty car when driven properly Although a very good car too I might add!

Since resigning from my current post, I have "driven my forfour properly":WOW: and for the last 1800 miles my average mpg = 16.8 now you cant help getin 27 / 29 on the m/way or dual cariage way......

plus look at the service schedule, you must do the cam belt at 3rd service..... IMHO 3rd service on an enthusiastically driven car will ( at main dealer ) cost you in excess of £ 1200, if it were my everyday car my service certainly would.......
                Fudge!
                fudge@fudgesmart.co.uk

Engine Rebuilding - sw-exclusive Remaps - TAN Codes - Key Fob Coding - Servicing

All Services Available Mobile, Key Coding Available 24/7

www.fudgesmart.co.uk
                www.sw-x.co.uk

Comment

My insurance company will only cover drivers over 35 :WOW: on my Brabus.
                  My only other idea is to trawl the back of max power, redline or fast car magazine. Most companies who advertise there focus on young drivers/performance cars.

Comment

Young unexperienced drivers in fast cars worries me big time, it should be the same system as bikes where you can only have certain sizes at certain ages.

Why not wait until you are 21, get a second hand one, cheaper insurance plus you will have 3 years more driving experience to make the most of the car without spanging into a load of people waiting at a bus stop.

Comment

without sounding harsh i agree with evilution

Comment

Evilution i have to say i agree with you even though i would peanilise myself! only being 23. after doing my bike and hgv tests i feel i am a much better driver and see a lot of young idiots racing about. a good way to cut down on this would be to say... restrict 17-21 yr olds to 100 bhp cars 21-25 200 bhp 25- unrestricted. just a thought oh and better education whilst learning to drive about bikers and truckers. :-)

Comment

Agree but 15 bhp or 1000 bhp all killers in the wrong hands...the test needs to be harder and the deterants greater...but people will always make mistakes and think they know better...

Comment

i have to say i agree with the above! 5k is rediculace money for insurance! i thought i was bad when my first quote when i got first roadster at 23 was a grand!

if you must have something faster than your 1.1 forfour, and still have a forfour, why not look at the 95 cdi, cheaper to insure, quick enough for most people, abd the money you save on your first years insurance you could get brabus wheels!

Comment

I have 1.1 Pulse ForFour, and www.insurreyourmotor.com did me a good deal on my insurance, they're really helpful with younger drivers, but if you're upgrading from a 1.1 to a Brabus, dont know how much they'd charge you for that...

Hope you find a good company to go with

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X