Xenon Bulbs on a ForFour?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenon Bulbs on a ForFour?

Okay so i'm looking to change the current bulbs on my ForFour to some of those Xenon gas Bulbs you see advertised everywhere just lately.

Trouble is it's such a minefield out there with loads of different brands etc ...

Does anyone have first hand experience of buying / fitting a set of the these Xenon gas bulbs? ( if so what brand & how do you rate them? )

Before somebody suggests a full HID conversion i'll just say that I don't really wanna spend that kind of money.

Re: Xenon Bulbs on a ForFour?

I have tried a few different types, but always come back to the main brands (Philips, Osram, etc.) as some of the "eBay specials" have been of dubious quality.

Using Osram "cool blues" at the minute - no complaints!

Comment

Originally posted by kaizer
      Before somebody suggests a full HID conversion i'll just say that I don't really wanna spend that kind of money.
      Oh but it is SO worth it, trust me.

Tony

forfour BRABUS with added xenons,

Comment

agreed, go to roadster technical problems and take a look at the HID thread, top stuff!
        Last edited by philthy112; 31-12-05, 09:42 AM.

Comment

After some careful thought & research I'm looking at buying a HID kit in the next week or two.

Anyone in the cannock / wolves / walsall area who know how to fit them & want to earn some beer vouchers ?

Comment

Originally posted by kaizer
            After some careful thought & research I'm looking at buying a HID kit in the next week or two.
            Well.... don't scrimp on the setup.

In retrospect, I suppose "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" wasn't a great "safe word..."

Comment

J500ANT has recommended the set he has on his ForFour so gonna go for them.

Comment

Sorry to drag up the old thread but.. Kaizer, did you get the HIDs? Are they difficult to fit?! I think the lights on my forfour quite poor so am looking to upgrade!

Comment

Well I was all set to get them for my 1.5 not long ago but I suddenly got side tracked by the thought of saving all my spare pennies & upgrading to a Brabus, so at the moment no I never got around to getting them done.

However i'm still trying to sort out a deal to get my a brabus sometime in the next month or two & am planning to upgrade that to HID's as soon as possible so i'll let you know how I get on.

Comment

DOH yes of course! Ive been following your threads about you getting a BRABUS! No point in modding the passion if you are getting rid eh

Comment

I always get what I want eventually so don't be suprised if you see a thread pop up at some point saying "Finally got my Brabus".

i'm getting a little scared as it's turning into a bit of an obsession now & I can't seem to stop talking about it & finding things to sell to put towards the cost.

I've gotta go out & get me a life ! LOL

Comment

lol! I'm the same but I'm starting to want another roadster!! Maybe I should get a fortwo.. just to complete the set

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X