smart radio five

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smart radio five

please can some one tell me about this radio. I need to know if it has any aux input as i want to connect a mp3/wma player to it. Also is it easy to install extra speekers the a 44?

thanks
    ben

Re: smart radio five

I too want to know about an MP3/ipod connection. Someone may know.

Rear speakers are easy.

Remove the grilles in the rear doors

Cut away the top section of plastic to allow speakers to fit

Mine had no cable to the speaker position. Some may.

Remove the rubber elbow that protects the wires between the B post and the door. Just inside the B post you should find a connector block. Two terminals are unused. Tap into those and lead the wires through the elbow to the speaker position. Connect up.

It takes about 40 minutes for one side. 20 for the second.

A worthwhile mod. I also changed the front speakers to Sony's but I put Maplin £4.99 jobbies in the back. I'm well pleased.

The radio5 has a fader and it will control the sound

NB you need to set up the head unit for radio and cd. The settings are different. Check your manual.

Comment

from the information i have gathered from the forum etc it doesn't have a Aux input.

The only other alternatives are wired fm transmitters such as these:-

http://www.essentialipod.co.uk/produ...d=1828&xSec=13

http://www.essentialipod.co.uk/produ...od=1930&xSec=1

I hope this helps

Comment

You may also like to try the Griffin Road Trip. This device charges the Ipod through the cigarette lighter (or 12v) socket, transmits of FM and also provides a secure holder.

I use one of these on my 44 auto but if you have a manual it may give little clearance when you are in fifth.

Comment

I have been looking into this and can confirm the radio five has no aux input. The radio six and navigator units do, and there is an adaptor lead for these allowing the connection of an MP3 player, Merc part no. 2104405005.

Comment

John

re the radio 5

Can you use the CD multi input in some way?

thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by 33q33q
              I too want to know about an MP3/ipod connection. Someone may know.

Rear speakers are easy.

Remove the grilles in the rear doors

Cut away the top section of plastic to allow speakers to fit

Mine had no cable to the speaker position. Some may.

Remove the rubber elbow that protects the wires between the B post and the door. Just inside the B post you should find a connector block. Two terminals are unused. Tap into those and lead the wires through the elbow to the speaker position. Connect up.

It takes about 40 minutes for one side. 20 for the second.

A worthwhile mod. I also changed the front speakers to Sony's but I put Maplin £4.99 jobbies in the back. I'm well pleased.

The radio5 has a fader and it will control the sound

NB you need to set up the head unit for radio and cd. The settings are different. Check your manual.
              Mine has no unused wires.
              As I asked to Smart guys, they have told me that there is no wiring provision for the rear speaker.

Comment

Originally posted by simone
                Mine has no unused wires.
                As I asked to Smart guys, they have told me that there is no wiring provision for the rear speaker.
                Not unused wires , it's a connector block in the B post which has 2 spare terminals.

you do have to have a good hunt inside the B post to find the block but it's definately there.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X