mp3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mp3

i have smart radio six on my brand new 44 (loving it) and like every one else want mp3 playback.

i was wondering what my options were what inputs does it have and what disk changers is it compatable with?
    Last edited by breedalot; 02-02-06, 02:27 PM.

Re: mp3

i would be interested to know the answer to that as I have posted an almost exact question under I.C.E. board

Comment

Re: mp3

I have the radio/navigator fitted.

There is a cable connector part number 169 540 40 08 total cost including vat £11.02. This fits the Harman Becker radio navigator unit is the fitting for the old a-, c- and ml-class units, which is now fitted in the smart. This cable should also fit the radio six.

There is another part Merc part no 210 440 5005, is the internal mb code for the e-class and anything higher.

I followed Badgers instructions (on the smartclub) on removing the radio unit, very easy to remove, I needed a size 15 torx think Badger used a size 20, apart from that no problems.

Total time to fit and clean up, was about 20 minutes. (I'm ham fisted and dropped a couple of screws)

The lead as supplied does not have a 3.5 mm jack for fitting in the lead out of my iRiver mp3 player, but came with a universal socket which accepts a 3.5 to 3.5 lead (available from Maplins for under £4). (Or somebody who's good with a soldering iron could remove the universal plug and replace with the correct plug for their mp3 player)

Jace
      Last edited by jace; 05-02-06, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X