X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• four four engines

Could any one tell who makes the engine 1.5 soft touch petrol 05 pulse
    and the 1.5D soft touch passion 05.

Which one should I have don't do loads of miles.

And are they comfortable cars for a long runs?

Has anyone had any problems with theirs?
    Already own smallar smart is gearbox the same?

Many Thanks

Re: four four engines

The petrol engines are Mitsi ones and the diesels are Merc ones. The 95 bhp diesel is a great car, not that I'm biased at all!!

The petrols have the poke but only at over 4,000 revs which is noisy, it's there from low down on the diesels!

Did a run to Geneva in mine, was fine, only been a few niggles, all sorted under warranty.
    The gearbox is fantastic, a big improvement on the fortwo ones! I've got the paddles too which are brilliant.

Kate
    Edited to add, 60 mpg on the diesel and only about 30 on the petrol on a run to Nottingham in a loan car!

Comment

I drove a Diesel ForFour with the 60ish BHP diesel... Have to say it had bags of torque low-town, but no power whatsoever!
      I reckon the 90BHp diesel would be the way forward if you want economy. Or the petrol if you prefer a smoother engine (to be fair, the engine rattled at tickover, but was fine at all other speeds. could barely hear it when you were going along..)

Comment

If its a 95 go for the diesel aslong as the price is right!!

Comment

Hey,

I've got the 1.1 Pulse, petrol and think it's a great car, but other than that cant help you...Do know that mine is very comfortable though, even on long journeys, and wouldnt have thought that there would be a difference in that and the 1.5?

Hope you find the right car for you

:smile:

Comment

I find my diesel quieter than the petrols I have had as loan cars!

The 1.1 is OK but not too happy top end on the motorway and the 1.5 needs to be driven at 4,000 revs to find the power!

Kate

Comment

Originally posted by lil.smartie
              The 1.1 is OK but not too happy top end on the motorway
              Kate
              I don't know mine was very happy at top end, it was the police and my wife that wern't too happymg: Lol

Comment

Alot of poeple say the petrol models need to be pushed to get the power out of them but I can honestly say I don't find that problem with my 1.5 ( mind you it has felt smoother since I fitted a K & N air filter ).

On occasions it has seemed like it's taking forever to accelerate but overall i find it plenty powerful ( although i'm currently drooling over a 1.5 brabus model )

Comment

Originally posted by kaizer
                  Alot of poeple say the petrol models need to be pushed to get the power out of them but I can honestly say I don't find that problem with my 1.5
                  Have you tried a diesel one??????

Kate

Comment

ive driven both and i agree with kate, the diesel is far better to drive!

But! the original question which would be better for the small amount of miles smartkidsmum would be driving. Yes the diesel gets more MPG but you have to do a lot of money to make up for the extra it costs to buy and extra for fuel itself. Its the same with any diesel car as they are normally a lot more expensive than the petrol equivalent

If you can afford diesel, go for it! If not, the petrol is fine

Comment

I've not had the pleasure of driving the diesel version of the forfour yet but from what i'm told it's got plenty of low down torque.

I use a company 1.9 skoda octavia diesel from time to time & that is so rapid so I can get a fair idea of how the forfour diesel is to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by ste862
                        But! the original question which would be better for the small amount of miles smartkidsmum would be driving. Yes the diesel gets more MPG but you have to do a lot of money to make up for the extra it costs to buy and extra for fuel itself. Its the same with any diesel car as they are normally a lot more expensive than the petrol equivalent

If you can afford diesel, go for it! If not, the petrol is fine
                        But the 95 BHP diesel and the 1.5 petrol cost the same!!!!!

Kate

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X