Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD-Player doesnt read the disc

Hi,

I dont know if this is normal or not, I have the normal 1.1 pulse forfour with no add-ons in terms of the sound system. I recently burned a CD which has all my favourite driving songs on it, from all the other CDs I own, so that when I go on long journeys I have all my favourite music

Anyway, my CD player in the car says that there is no disc whenever i insert it...although it will read 'normal' CDs. Do the Smart cd players just not recognise rewritable cds?

Thanks for your help

Calliope x

Re: CD-Player doesnt read the disc

This may sound stupid but did you put it in upside down?

Comment

Did you write is as a normal cd or mp3 cd? IIRC, it wont read an mp3 cd.

Comment

Dont think I put it in upside down, though will have another go at it...and bennyx_o i dont know how i wrote the cd-i have .wmv or .wma tracks saved on my computer on my windows media play, from my cds that i've bought, and i simply picked my top 20 tracks and put them onto a sony rewritable cd.

it says 700mb cd-rw on the case of the rewritable cd...is that an indication at all?

(sorry for being so absoloutley clueless at this!)

thanks for all your help

calliope

Comment

A cdrw will not work in a normal stereo you need to use a cdr

Comment

CDRW will work in the standard FOURFOR Cd player... as this is what I use.

Comment

Originally posted by boomerangbubb
              CDRW will work in the standard FOURFOR Cd player... as this is what I use.
              well, i'll try it again, as i have the standard forfour cd player, if not i'll try with a cd-r disc, and if that still doesnt work i'll go to my local dealer

thanks for your help!:smile:

calliope

Comment

I get the feeling that if you're not sure if you burnt the disc as an audio cd or an MP3 data disc then you'll have 99% burnt a data disc which will not work.

th easiest way to know is to do your disc again & make sure you select "audio cd" before you do anything , if that disc does not work then it could well be the CD player.

Comment

In cold damp weather a bought pre-recorded origional disk will work every time, but a burned CD-R can skip, go quiet in bits of the track, also it can jump back to previous tracks, and other weird and wonderfull operations.

I have found this on many cars and my roadster is no exception. My Madonna CD-R just keeps getting 'hung up' (could not resist that one).

Cleaning the CD-R disk, before driving off & using it can help. But better to use a bought pre-recorded origional disk everytime.

Comment

Well, having re-tried with the CD-RW it definitely does not seem to work in my forfour, and am going to have a go with it in my mum's forfour to see if it is the car at fault (noooooo) or if it is just the way I've done the CD.

When i made the CD i did so using Windows Media Player, and thought that that would work...if I try again with a CD-R disc should I do it another way? The reason I'm doing this is it's my top 20 tracks from about 10 different CDs, and variety is the spice of life :smile: lol

Still if it isnt meant to be it isnt meant to be, but if any of you have any more comments or advice that would be great!

Comment

try using a program like "nero" & make sure you select "audio cd" & that the disc is finalized, nero has a help guide to assist with this.

Comment

Hey everyone

thans for all your advice, I've just acquainted myself with Nero CD-Burning programme, and have managed to do make a CD that my Smartie will play

I am not usually this bad at technology but your advice was great

Calliope x

Comment

Sounds to me like you originally just copied the shortcuts to the tracks.

Comment

I have no idea what I did originally-it was a CD that worked, that I originally made, but not on a lot of stereos and not in my car. (Ok, so maybe it didnt work that well...

But it seems to be sorted now...and I'm hoping not to have any more embarassing moments with technology i really should be able to use

Comment

if you burn CD's too fast, sometimes certain players have trouble picking them up :eek:

In retrospect, I suppose "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" wasn't a great "safe word..."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X