No Grip !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Grip !!!

I have the 17" Brabus Monoblock alloys on my ForFour & the grip doesn't seem to be as good as the old 15" movelines I had on.

the grip on the 15" were pretty good & really held on in corners at speed, with the 17" Monoblocks they just seem to wimp out & slide me across the road.

i've checked tyre pressure etc & they seem fine, I know road conditions are not the best at the minute but i've done a direct compare with a friends forfour with 15" movelines on the same corners at the same speed & his grips so much better.

Any ideas ?

Re: No Grip !!!

Are they new tyres? might not be scrubbed in yet!

Kate

Comment

the tyres had done about 1000 miles from what I was told.

Comment

If they're michy's theyre directional...... are they on the right corners?

I have 17" Monoblocks on a 1.5 nd it handles like its on rails, as Neilos will testify!
        Fudge!
        fudge@fudgesmart.co.uk

Engine Rebuilding - sw-exclusive Remaps - TAN Codes - Key Fob Coding - Servicing

All Services Available Mobile, Key Coding Available 24/7

www.fudgesmart.co.uk
        www.sw-x.co.uk

Comment

sounds a stupid question ( i'm not mechanically minded with cars ) but the "V" shaped grooves in the centre of the tyres should the be pointing towards the front of the car or to the rear ?

oh by the way yeah they are michy pilot tyres.
          Last edited by Mr_BRABUS; 16-02-06, 07:42 PM.

Comment

don't forget that the brabus forfour is lowered by 30mm so that will effect grip and handling. You may find yours needs to be lowered a little to benefit from having the brabus monoblox on it

Jan

Comment

Not trying to scare you but there have been issues with forfour suspension set ups, it may be worth getting it checked out!

Comment

Originally posted by smart-e-pants
                don't forget that the brabus forfour is lowered by 30mm so that will effect grip and handling. You may find yours needs to be lowered a little to benefit from having the brabus monoblox on it

Jan
                Ours isnt lowered cause its her everyday car......

Its not that its not lowered.....

V's towards the front / up
                Fudge!
                fudge@fudgesmart.co.uk

Engine Rebuilding - sw-exclusive Remaps - TAN Codes - Key Fob Coding - Servicing

www.fudgesmart.co.uk
                www.sw-x.co.uk

Comment

right so i've checked the direction of the tyres ( also noticed a small rotation arrow on tyre walls ) & they are all on properly.

don't get me wrong on some occasions they seem fine but most of the time it doesn't feel as steady as I thought they might be.

Comment

Ive had a Brabus fourfour and driven about 25,000 miles in two of them in total...... Amanda's passion handles almost as well, obvoiusly there is more body roll cause its not lowered.... but it feels very samey.....

Trouble is, you get a stealer to look at it and tell em its not handling and they'll look at you in much the same manner as if you walked in stark bollock naked with whistle and a big hat on!

What pressure are you running?

you have got the 205 / 45's on the front and the 225 / 35's on the back havent you?.... sorry.. I'm sure you have but you never know....

other than that is to meet up and have a drive of each others cars... you may be expecting too much!
                    Fudge!
                    fudge@fudgesmart.co.uk

www.fudgesmart.co.uk
                    www.sw-x.co.uk

Comment

I think what's making me unsure the most is that my friends 1.5 passion with 15" movelines can take the exact same corner at the exact same speed in the exact same conditions & grip to the road like glue.

I do it in mine & going into the corner is fine but halfway through it just seems to want to let go of the road.

tyre pressure I think is 2.2 bar all round ? ( I know the petrol cap says 2.2 bar, does that apply to all tyres regardless of alloy size ? )

p.s : fudge , you don't happen to have an video footage of the brabus exhaust fitted to you lady's 1.5 passion ?( you know for audio purposes to hear the sound of the exhaust) , any kinda camera phone captured footage would do as i'm looking to have it fitted but am yet to hear it.
                      Last edited by Mr_BRABUS; 17-02-06, 12:11 AM.

Comment

I have put the Brabus wheels on my wife's 4/4, and beleive me it's like a train on tracks. It also handles very well in the wet aswell, i have no worries about cornering hard
                        It's a 1.1 Passion, and once upto speed it can corner as well as any car

Keith

Comment

Dont forget theres a lot of this new sugar/salt stuff on the roads these days and thats very very slidy stuff. When we did the Gloucester meet the roundabouts were especially slippery! My petrol flap says 32psi all round, mine were down to 27 and the grip was better, pumped up the wheels spin even more easily.

Comment

a bit like when you left the Cat&Fiddle last Sunday Tony!

Comment

Originally posted by madDan
                              a bit like when you left the Cat&Fiddle last Sunday Tony!
                              The Gloucester roundabouts were MUCH worse than that, the steering wheel was there to stop you lolling around in the seat. It didnt appear to be connected to the wheels!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X