K & N Air filter feels better!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K & N Air filter feels better!

I know there's always the big debate about air filters & the effects they have but I have to say I think there's an improvement on my ForFour since the K & N air filter was fitted last wednesday.

for the first few days I couldn't say that there was any difference at all ( although engine sounded a little deeper ) but over the past 2 days the car has felt alot smoother with regards to acceleration.

Anyone else who's fitted one noticed this ?

Re: K & N Air filter feels better!

Is a 1.5 forfour a brabus or do they do a normal version ?

Comment

to the best of my knowledge petrol wise there's : 1.1 , 1.3 , 1.5 , 1.5 turbo charged Brabus.

if only some tuner could figure how to fit a turbo to the normal 1.5 model to beef up the power.

Comment

Cant answer for Forfour's but I fitted a K&N performance filter to our Fortwo, and we found two changes...

More noise from the engine compartment (mind you the engine is in the cabin unlike your ForFour :tongue: )

Also acceleration was smoother, but at a cost...

On a road that I was well used to you had 3rd gear bends and 4th gear bends, depending on the sharpness of the bend.

When I took these bends with the K&N filter installed, the car tended to fly out across the line, so I had to go down a gear further than I was used to & rather quickly at that, to compensate.

I decided I felt the car was getting to noisy and not as controlable on bends, so I put the standard filter back in.

Maybe someone can give a technical reason why the car flew out at bends, due to the engine getting more air in ? I just did not like it :eek:

Comment

I installed the K & N filter at the weekend on my 1.1 forfour and have to say i think it has slightly upped the performance. It now feels a bit quicker and smoother than before.

i haven't noticed any increase in noise from the engine at all.

So it's a big thumbs up from me.

Comment

never liked K + N filters..to much oil on them..ok for rally cars that pick up dust/dirt etc but over kill for normal road cars

Comment

Originally posted by kaizer
              to the best of my knowledge petrol wise there's : 1.1 , 1.3 , 1.5 , 1.5 turbo charged Brabus.

if only some tuner could figure how to fit a turbo to the normal 1.5 model to beef up the power.
              Isn't the 'normal' 1.5, a diesel?

In retrospect, I suppose "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" wasn't a great "safe word..."

Comment

There is a 1.5 petrol version, here

Comment

see i remember when i 1st got mines a while back big improvement to be had on the smarts

i changed my roadster one for piperx, felt as if it was struggling for air then i went back to k&n i will never leave them!!!, all i will say is although it says it will go 50,000 miles withought a service i do mines every year

Comment

dunno what the k and n filter is like on a smart, but i went up to warrington to 'donate' my citroen c4 vts for r and d, and altho the car sounded like a beast after the filter was put on, it felt more laggy in lower gears.........took it off in the end cos I couldn't forfeit performance for sound

Comment

Hi there, where can I get a K&N filter ive had a look on the website but can't find one for my 1.1 forfour , I found it was really good in my old fortwo help plz. April

Comment

April,
                        Contact www.smartsrus.com they had them on the shelf when I got mine from them :WOW:

Comment

Thanks Tony I'll give em a phone 2moro :smile: oh also will i b able to find a induction kit or is it still early stages yet for this type of mod

Comment

Originally posted by forfour_19
                            Thanks Tony I'll give em a phone 2moro :smile: oh also will i b able to find a induction kit or is it still early stages yet for this type of mod
                            There isnt one yet, and I dont think there will be tho ive been told the induction system on a forfour isnt bad.

:goodlk:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X