improving 0 to 60mph time ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• improving 0 to 60mph time ??

I know it's fairly obvious that if you improve the bhp the 0 to 60mph time will be improved too but what kind of things really help the up the BHP?

For example :

what kind of time could you shave off the 0-60mph by fitting a performance air filter?

what kind of time could you shave off the 0-60mph by fitting a brabus sports exhaust (or similar sports exhaust ) ?

in short, if both of these were fitted to my 1.5 would it be a case of only shaving tenths of a second or can you maybe a second or two off ?

Re: improving 0 to 60mph time ??

Buy a BRABUS - the smart of Bristol demo is now down to £11950 and i'm sure they'd bite your hand off to sell it :goodlk:

Comment

Originally posted by J500ANT
      Buy a BRABUS - the smart of Bristol demo is now down to £11950 and i'm sure they'd bite your hand off to sell it :goodlk:
      I'm always very wired up when it comes to ex-demo's . It may of had 1 previous owners but maybe many 100 users.

And considering how performance minded the Brabus 44 is I would want it fresh out of the box so i would know its histroy from day 1.

In answer to improving the 0-60times on the standard 44.... well its going to be tough... you are in same position as ford festa, Renault Whore & Toyota Ybox owners...... just little add on's.

BUTmg: I do know of a supercharger kits being developed for forfour owners!

Comment

Originally posted by ZorroReturns
        I'm always very wired up when it comes to ex-demo's . It may of had 1 previous owners but maybe many 100 users.

And considering how performance minded the Brabus 44 is I would want it fresh out of the box so i would know its histroy from day 1.
        I did the first 400miles in that car, it was done using my patented running in technique :WOW::WOW::WOW:

Remove the back seats, that'll take some weight out.

Comment

I did the first 400miles in that car, .
          So its gonna run like .... a very well run in car then.... I doubt it

If anyone cares about the car, you usually notice a 1,000mile oil change from new, even if it doesnt need one. :smile:

Comment

In a lot of cars, if you change the oil pre the interval it can invalidate the warranty. A lot are filled with running in oil.

Comment

I so want that brabus but am totally skint.

you guys know any place doing the best finance deals at the minute?

might give them an ring & see what they'd offer me part ex for my 1.5 passion.

Comment

In a lot of cars, if you change the oil pre the interval it can invalidate the warranty. A lot are filled with running in oil.
                do you htink smart goes to that extreme???? porsche maybe. Smart No

Oil is a consumerble so cannot void warranty.... meaning you could change it everyday but would be expensive. lol. :smile:

Its amazing wot **** is in the oil after first 1,000miles, but not in the 1,000after.

Comment

Originally posted by kaizer
                  what kind of time could you shave off the 0-60mph by fitting a performance air filter?
                  0.1s if you were very lucky!

Originally posted by kaizer

what kind of time could you shave off the 0-60mph by fitting a brabus sports exhaust (or similar sports exhaust ) ?
                  0.1-0.2s again if you're lucky and the standard exhaust is restrictive

see http://www.max-boost.co.uk/max-boost...eless_mods.htm

Comment

ex demo or courtesy car - if Gav "Racing Snake" has been anywhere near it avoid like the plague - abuse abuse abuse!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X