Manual Reverse Gear Problem ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual Reverse Gear Problem ??

a couple of times i've had difficulty getting my ForFour into reverse gear , I seem to have to try it a couple of times before it crunches into reverse.

As I say this has only happened a couple of times but I assume it's best to get it looked at just in case ?

anyone else had similar problem ?

Re: Manual Reverse Gear Problem ??

I think theres been a few posts about crunchy 44 gear boxes, I seem to remember Tony (J500ANT) having a prob with his BRABUS but that was 1st gear. I know a few of the courtasy cars I had when I had my roady had quite crunchy boxes going into 1st. Maybe you should take it to smart (but they will prob say "they all do it sir!!"

Comment

They all do that sir. The reason is that reverse gear very rarely has a syncromesh and therefore unless you match the revs or double de clutch it will do it. It is just how it is.

Comment

i have difficulty getting mine into reverse sometimes too.

Comment

Mine's in today to have this looked at.

It only seems to happen when it's been cold overnight and reverse is the first gear you go into in the morning. If you select any other gear first it isn't a problem.

They couldn't find a problem today so have decided to keep it overnight and see in the morning.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X