ForFour SB3 Power kit ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ForFour SB3 Power kit ??

Has any ForFour owners had this option done on there cars yet or driven a 1.5 with this kit fitted?

I know it's nowhere brabus power but smart claim it'll take a 1.5 109bhp to 122bhp , just wondering if there'd really be that much of a difference.

where's the power more likely to be felt ?

my old roadster was remapped from 84bhp to i think 100bhp so that was about 16bhp increase & that seemed to make a load of difference.

(Actually i've just been made aware by smart that I would also need the sports exhaust to go with the power kit so I think i'll leave it & just save up for a real brabus )
    Last edited by Mr_BRABUS; 09-03-06, 01:54 PM.

Re: ForFour SB3 Power kit ??

Originally posted by kaizer
    Has any ForFour owners had this option done on there cars yet or driven a 1.5 with this kit fitted?

I know it's nowhere brabus power but smart claim it'll take a 1.5 109bhp to 122bhp , just wondering if there'd really be that much of a difference.

where's the power more likely to be felt ?

my old roadster was remapped from 84bhp to i think 100bhp so that was about 16bhp increase & that seemed to make a load of difference.

(Actually i've just been made aware by smart that I would also need the sports exhaust to go with the power kit so I think i'll leave it & just save up for a real brabus )
    its mainly the difference on chip tuning (roadster) vs old school tuning (forfour). I have had a got in 145PS 1.5 Forfour at that felt fast :tongue:

Comment

where's this 145ps forfour ? , any links to info or pics ?

curious to know how 145ps was achieved, did it require a lot of cash?

Comment

where's this 145ps forfour ? , any links to info or pics ?

curious to know how 145ps was achieved, did it require a lot of cash?
        I was lucky enough to have ago in the sw exclusive forfour on a trip last year.... it was very very fast for forfour and NO forced induction system.

It only had 2 seats and alot of roll cage:eek: No super comfy but a jolly good blast:tongue: I think they have refined the tuning pack to 135PS, i dont know the price but is on german and english websites.

Comment

oh yeah I spotted that on their uk website but as you say it doesn't mention prices , i e-mailed them not long ago & they said they don't have a price as yet & no date of when it's available to joe public.

did they happen to give you any other info (0 to 60mph etc.. ? )

it's sounds a very good prospect but I fear the price may be a bit too much.

Comment

When I was there late last year there was a car for Hong Kong being prepared the same.... but i guess the price may have not been a problem for the owner.

In the sprints it was very quick and noisy:eek: I had to be alittle good as i was driving in city/urban envionment but once on the autobahn.... i needed ear plugs as there was NO sound reduction in the car.

Comment

so do you think with regards to more power from a forfour you're better off just upgrading to the brabus ?

I know it's a no brainer really as the brabus being 177bhp & it would take some serious money to get the normal 1.5 petrol to anywhere near.

anyone in the cannock / walsall / wolves / lichfield area that has a forfour brabus & wouldn't mind taking me for a spin in it please PM me.

me wanting to own a forfour brabus is starting to become an obsession now & i've never even been inside one yet ! LOL

Comment

so do you think with regards to more power from a forfour you're better off just upgrading to the brabus ?

I know it's a no brainer really as the brabus being 177bhp & it would take some serious money to get the normal 1.5 petrol to anywhere near.

anyone in the cannock / walsall / wolves / lichfield area that has a forfour brabus & wouldn't mind taking me for a spin in it please PM me.

me wanting to own a forfour brabus is starting to become an obsession now & i've never even been inside one yet ! LOL
                I have driven the Brabus forfour and yes it very quick, I had special invite from smart to drive the Brabus forfour for couple of days in france (visited the fortwo factory blah blah blah). Yes it will show 145mph on the clock with ease... steering felt much heavier than i thought it would be... but i didnt mind.:smile:

If you are thinking of upgrading you must consider the 'pros' and 'cons'. Calculate your insurance and fueling costs (wont get any cheaper these days).

The sw forfour was race prepared and was alot of fun, but in a different way to the Brabus (very hard to explain). If you go for the upgrade on the present car then you may not have a good resale value compared to a Brabus forfour but you would have soemthing different to any other forfour in the UK.:tongue:

Also i would consider the knock in prices for the current forfour when the 2006 upgrade seen at Geneva hits the streets. If it was my money i would wait for them to hit belwo the 10k marker.:eek:

let us know how you get on.

Comment

We have a used Brabus forfour coming in to stock soon and also have one on our demo fleet. Drop by if you want to have a test drive of one.

Prices are pretty firm on these cars at the moment and this one will retail for under 13K.

SRUS team.

Comment

thanks for that , i may have to pay a visit.

I feel the price would be an issue for me though as a couple of smart dealers have forfour brabus for £12,000 which is more the kind of price I was thinking (bear in mind i've got my 1.5 passion forfour to part ex) , only trouble is they are about 150 miles away which is alot of travelling for a car.

Comment

thanks for that , i may have to pay a visit.

I feel the price would be an issue for me though as a couple of smart dealers have forfour brabus for £12,000 which is more the kind of price I was thinking (bear in mind i've got my 1.5 passion forfour to part ex) , only trouble is they are about 150 miles away which is alot of travelling for a car.
                      test drive a brabus at ur local dealer, then if your dead cert that u want 1 still and its 150miles away call that dealer and ensure that the brabus has been well looked after.... and have them deliver it to you free of charge, this is what i done for my 1.1 forfour which came from bolton and im in london

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X