Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any suggestions...

Hey everyone

I'm a newly passed driver (well, been driving a few months) in a 1.1 black pulse forfour. It doesnt have any mods because the insurance is more than enough right now, but I'd really like to do something to her (my Smartie is called "Bo") to make her look a bit more sporty.

Do any of you have any suggestions? At this point (if its possible) I dont actually want to add speed or power to Bo, because of the insurance cost, want I really want is to add some bits to her that are purely superficial but look good. I'm looking to spend about £400 top right now (lots of big birthdays coming up I need to save for) , so if anyone has any suggestions that would be great, as I'm clueless as to where to start...

Calliope :smile:

Re: Any suggestions...

If you want to add even visual mods such as spoilers , additional trim , skirts ect these are still going to add to the insurance mabie as much as the speed mods cos the insurance says that they make the car more apealing to the car theif scum.

Some on here may sugest that you dont notify your insurance about these mods , fair enougth that should save you a few quid , but should the worst happen you have given your insurance an excuse not to pay out.

In short if you want to keep your insurance low keep the car standard

Comment

I definitely will be telling my insurance about any mods. I make, but I get the point about the thief scum who could think they were on to a good thing with my little car.

Oh well, if it has to be standard I guess thats how I'll keep her...shame tho, would love a little bit of modding, but dont want to make Bo more expensive to insure, or to have car thiefs taking her (not that theyd get very far in a 1.1, lol)

:smile:

Comment

The smart alternative would be to sell the forfour , buy a fourtwo , and the money that you save an running costs , insurance , tax you can spend on modding ..... plus think of the improved street cred

Comment

Its a brand new 4-4, bought for me on the finance deal: I think I'd be killed by my mum (who got Bo for me)

Good thought, but sadly I cant ... besides I love my little Bo, even if I cant mod her :-(

Would love a 4-2 though, theyre so cute!

Comment

if you want to make it sporty. whay dont you buy a BRABUS bodykit and alloys? Would make it look like the Brabus Forfour but the secret is you will have the cheaper engine.

Best place to speak is Rob and Smartarse Design @ Watford or SW Exclusive.co.uk for the parts at good prices.

Comment

"viper stripes" and a big set of 18" alloys?

Comment

Originally posted by ZorroReturns
                if you want to make it sporty. whay dont you buy a BRABUS bodykit and alloys? Would make it look like the Brabus Forfour but the secret is you will have the cheaper engine.

Best place to speak is Rob and Smartarse Design @ Watford or SW Exclusive.co.uk for the parts at good prices.
                isit possible to get the brabus front grill also? .... it looks soooo much better

Comment

First thing I'd do to a forfour pulse is alloys (I remember the pics of your car and I think it had steels but if i'm wrong please tell me !!) I'd go for 17's if you can afford them. The good thing about the forfour is that it is a standard four stud hub so you may find some of the Halfords type wheels fit! You will need the correct offset, which I think is et42. The nearest you can get to this the better! I think this is a Vauxhall type offset so there should be plenty available.

Hope this helps!!!

Comment

Thanks guys :smile:

Yep, my car does have the plain steels, which i really think doesnt add to the overall "look" and the info. about how common the 17's are is great, I'm going to definitely look into those as my first upgrade for her

I'm not a big fan of the viper stripes on the 4-4, and I dont want to do anything dramatic because of insurance, so think it's going to be 1 step at a time

When I've started changing her, I'll show you the piccys! :smile: :smile:

Calliope

Comment

Hi! Calliope

I just saw your pic on another thread, you and your car are pretty! I know some of the Wolfrace wheels fit! have a look at these on smarts-r-us as an example

http://www.smartsrus.com/smart_forfo...els_katana.htm

I think they look great!

Comment

Aaaw thanks Rach!:smile:

Mmmmm those alloys are really gorgeous, I was like :WOW: over the webpage

Just out of interest,does anyone here know if there will be any improvement/negative to the driving experience, when I have alloys on my car?

Nina xxx

Comment

They are great arn't they!!! If you get them then 2nd on your shopping list should be lowering springs though just to make them sit in the arches abit better

Hmm, with the tyres on 17" alloys being much lower profile than 15" steels the ride might feel abit bumpier over potholes and what not, might also seem abit slower whilst accelerating.

Still it gives it that sporty look that you wanted and it should go round corners with more grip! I have the 16" sport pack wheels from smart on mine (I think they are called Moveline) and they look good, you might want to consider those if you don't want 17's!

Hope this helps

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X