Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early 1st service!

The story so far.........
    Bought my car and registered it on 1st September 2005.
    Mileage now approx 6,800.
    On board computer says 1st service due in 28days.:eek:
    Now, I know it's supposed to be 1 year or (I think) 14,000 miles.
    So, rang the dealers this afternoon and was told that the service is anywhere between 7 and 9,000 miles, and the car was built in April 2005 (so I guess the computer's working!).
    Question is, does anyone know if it's possible to reset the computer without having it serviced? Any info gratefully received!
    Thanks.

Re: Early 1st service!

Originally posted by Brabster
    So, rang the dealers this afternoon and was told that the service is anywhere between 7 and 9,000 miles, and the car was built in April 2005 (so I guess the computer's working!).
    Question is, does anyone know if it's possible to reset the computer without having it serviced? Any info gratefully received!
    Thanks.
    As you have a BRABUS, You do know you need as a minimum an oil change EVERY 6,000 miles? (as per the sticker in the door aperture) Therefore the display is as useless as a chocolate fire guard. Its 6k oil change 12k A service, 18k oil change, 24K B service etc. Sorry. Oh and therefore 48k is the cambelt change.

Comment

Thanks very much for that Tony, surprisingly the service dept. didn't mention that! (runs outside to have a look................................)
      Oh, that sticker!!!!!!!!!!!!:redface:
      So, I'll get the oil and filter changed and get them to sort out the service indicator!
      Thanks again
      Mike
      BTW have you priced the cam belt change? I understand it'll mean a 2nd mortgage to pay for it!

Comment

Thanks.
        Yea you can reset the service indicator without having a service, its a 20 second job, but its not a substitute for having a service. dont just think because the warning message has gone away it dosnt need one. take a look on eviloutions web site if you want to know how.

Ollie

Comment

Thanks Ollie, appreciate your comments
          Mike

Comment

surprisingly the service dept. didn't mention that!
            You expect a smart dealer to know these things? Hahaha. I mentioned this to Fudge who used one as a demo car, he didnt even notice it! No idea on the cambelt change, but im sure its LOTS of :dollarey:

Oh and BTW I emailed smart about this, they didnt know what the true service interval should be.

Comment

So they don't read their stickers either, thank goodness it's not just me!
              They really don't do themselves any favours do they?
              Still, I'm sure they're not the only manufacturers who get it wrong.................

Comment

See if you can work this one out :

First service on my 1.5 is supposed to be 12,000 miles or 12 months (whichever is sooner) mine has done 7000 miles so far & the service indicator is saying 9 days to service (so it's using the 12 month instead of the miles method) , however my forfour was bought used & it was registered in july 05 , so even if the service indicator is saying 12 months I don't see how this can be right at all.

so are they trying to tell me that my car rolled off the factory in april 05 & they started the service timer from then , surely the service indicator should start from when first registered which would mean mine is not due for a service until july ?

your thoughts ? ,gonna ring smart today to clarify.

Comment

I think you forfour owners are being shafted, something tells me the service indicator may not have been reset after the PDi and the cars could be still running from factory production clock.

Or maybe the smart is that brainy like the bmw's/mercs to know when the oil is porr quality and request you have the oil change/service.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X