what to do...??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to do...??

hello there every1, right im a rather unhappy owner of a forfour 1.1 black edition, but its not the car that is making me unhappy its the service im receiving from mercedes!!! i brought the car in sept 05 as a approved used car for 5,995 uk pounds........ i brought this from the bolton smart branch, was all done pretty much over the phone as i live in london

now ever since i pretty much brought the car there has been what i can only describe as a squeekin noise coming from the front left suspension (from my own personal guess) everytime i go over a speedhump / any form of hump its been to my local mercedes dealer twice and comes straight back out with the same problem + 1!!! :eek:

first time it went it - they call me after a couple of days claim it has been sorted, great i think, so i go to pick up the car and find the problem is still there and now when i switch the car on in the morning there is a loud squeel from my engine belt! to in my rage i take it back to the dealer and demanded to speak to the man who worked on my car, who then told me he could not hear any form of squeeking, i then requested for this man to come in the car for a drive over some humps, they argreed to do so.... now im goin over humps and can clearly hear the squeeks and the man is still claimin he cannot hear anythin!!!!!!!!..... so we go bk to mercedes and im told they cannot do anythin if they cnt hear the problem :censor:

second time - as i had a glove box on order which needed to be replaced i thought ill wait then book my car in again for the same squeeking problem, and i just picked the car up last week and what a surprise its as if they aint even botherd trying! and they claim my glove box is still on order..... which has been on order for almost 2 months!!!!!!!

its now booked in for the 30th of may for the same problem..... now really guys what do you think i should do, i must have some rights in this matter?? if they fail to fix it again am i within right to demand that they change my car??

any help is greatly appreciated, shigs

Re: what to do...??

I'd take it to another dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by HoagieKat
      I'd take it to another dealer.
      ye thats wat i considerd, but all other dealers are quite a distance away, i will give my local 1 more chance then if the same prob happens again then i will go elsewhere..

Comment

I would write to head office, that normally gets a result! Worked for me! :-)

Comment

If its the sharp squeaking noise over potholes, then they know how to fix that now. Mine is going in for it to be sorted on Tuesday. Mine will also be having a new alternator belt (its 3rd) too. And possibly more new wheel bolts.

Comment

See if you can go to a different dealer. I'm just outside of London, and take my ForFour to Smart of Lakeside. Their customer service is really great, I totally recommend them.

Hope you get your ForFour sorted soon!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X