Anybody Added Paddleshift?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Added Paddleshift?

New kid = new smart. My beloved fortwo had the paddleshift option but my forfour (1.3 s/touch) doesn't, and I miss it! I've read various bits about adding it to the fortwo and roadsters, but not the forfour. I'd presume it's pretty much the same, but do you know more?

Re: Anybody Added Paddleshift?

Fourfour has a different gearing altogether so I would not have thought it would be that simple

Comment

Originally posted by Tim_in_brighton
      New kid = new smart. My beloved fortwo had the paddleshift option but my forfour (1.3 s/touch) doesn't, and I miss it! I've read various bits about adding it to the fortwo and roadsters, but not the forfour. I'd presume it's pretty much the same, but do you know more?
      I know of one owner whose dealer didnt order the paddleshift when they made his new forfour and they couldnt retrofit it and had to buy his £15k forfour back from him

Comment

That's weirde, cos it's an easy mod on the roadies and fortwo's... It is very different on a forfour? I know they improved the gearchange somewhat (from what I have heard anyway)

Comment

Yer but without starting one of those arguments , the fortwo and the Roadster share many simalarites where as the Forfour is a totally different car altogether

Comment

The guy who has that car is on the smart club. He ordered a forfour 1.1 with every option, colour satnav, sunroof, auto with paddles, leather. Over £15k, yet it arrived without paddles. The dealer had to buy it back off him and ordered another of the correct spec.

So if there was a way, they'd have done it rather than being stuck with a 2000mile old forfour with £5k of options.

Comment

Fair one! :-)

Comment

Woah.. a 15k 1.1

Comment

My forfour should have been about £15.5K if we had paid full whack new!

We keep meaning to try my wheel with paddles on Gav's car (without!) to see if they do work!

Kate

Comment

Originally posted by Rach
                    Woah.. a 15k 1.1
                    It was on sale @ www.smartofderby.co.uk

Comment

Ahh the graphite blue one?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse