Wheel nut corrosion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel nut corrosion

Is it possible to get the nuts changed under warranty for corrosion? Mine have almost gone black!! ( I noticed it while waxing my alloys... )

Re: Wheel nut corrosion

Nope.

They'll call it wear and tear. As they did when I pointed it out, and the paint on my arch being awful.

I asked Derby how it's wear and tear when I've got a 10-year-old Ford Fiesta with 110k on the clock which doesn't suffer the same problems, to which he replied "well, it's like comparing apples and pears, plus the car is lowered".

One big question, how come the tridion isn't coming to bits from the 'loads more stone chips' if the arches have taken such a beating from it.

Comment

Yep, had mine done on my Roadie

Then I bought some chrome ones as the steel ones will only rust again!

Comment

I had the same done on my roadie. Take it into them and get them to do it. Might be worth calling first to arrange it...

Comment

Originally posted by HoagieKat
          Is it possible to get the nuts changed under warranty for corrosion? Mine have almost gone black!! ( I noticed it while waxing my alloys... )
          To be honest I wouldnt bother, the new ones will be tarnished within the week and in the same condition as the current ones within a month. Im on my 4th set now, I wont ask for any more I dont think. :censor:

Comment

Sussex cars in Hove had some nice after market ones

Comment

know where I can get some nice ones online (that wont tarnish in 20 seconds)?

Comment

Originally posted by billybug
                Yep, had mine done on my Roadie

Then I bought some chrome ones as the steel ones will only rust again!

Where did you get your chrome ones?

I fancy a set to complement my Roadsters security bolts, which have chromed heads.

Comment

Originally posted by c6axe
                  Where did you get your chrome ones?

I fancy a set to complement my Roadsters security bolts, which have chromed heads.
                  smartune in north wales £25 without and £35 with security bolts.
                  sigpic
                  DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

Comment

Originally posted by messerschmitt owner
                    smartune in north wales £25 without and £35 with security bolts.

I was just looking at those. I clicked back to this thread and see that great minds think alike! Lol.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X