What's the spanner symbol all about?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the spanner symbol all about?

:newbie: Hi, I got my Fourfor about 4 weeks ago, from smarttogo in Mayfair. BTW I love it!
    Bought it off the Smart internet site..... full story on introduction forum.

The car was first registered on 27/06/05. When it was delivered to me it had 7050miles on the clock. It now has 7400miles on the clock and the spanner x1 symbol is showing 14.

Question.
    1. Am I right in thinking the spanner means it's due it's first (A) service in 14 days?
    2. If so, isn't this a bit early?
    3. How much will a first service cost me?
    4. Where is the best/most reasonable priced place to take it? I live in the North West near the Lake District.

Any advice would be much apreciated. Thanks.

Re: What's the spanner symbol all about?

Yep that means its 14 days till the service is due

I think services on a for4 are at 9500 miles or after 1 year (whichever is sooner) so 14 days is around 1 month early, it should have been reset at handover

As for prices i have no idea im afraid

Comment

i brought a new 44, 4 days ago and i was told that the service is either 14000 miles or 12 months, if u look at the link there are prices for smartsrus, they are located in nottingham but it will give u a rough idea, 97 quid if u dont want listings for all services available, http://www.smartsrus.com/smart_car_servicing.htm

Cheers,

Jay.

Comment

Id have a look in your service book, im not sure which fuel type (petrol or diesel) but some (if not all) for4s need a service afetr 9500 miles.....

I was told by the sales people when i bought my roadie it needs a service at 10k, tho i knew already it was really 7k.....

Comment

mines a 1.3 petrol, prob best for me to check cos when i was at merc notts to pick it up i asked about a roadster cos i wanted to test drive one, the sales woman said the roadster had 700BHP i just looked at her stupid, and she repeated it, i just pissed myself laughing and had to go outside for a fag, I know nothing about the roadster but even i know the engine size is 700 not its BHP.

Comment

LOL well thats sales people for u you should be able to check with the car how long it has left until the next service (on a roadie you hit the dash button twice in quick succession, dono bout the for4, will say in the manual)

Comment

Sorry forgot to mention....I have a Forfour Pulse 1.1 Petrol.

I got told my nearest dealer in Manchester charges £195 for the first service. A remorgage came to mind!

This is shite (not good in Northern terms) if this is true.

Comment

first service ( A ) on a forfour is 14,000 miles
                second service ( B ) is at 28,000 miles.

PS
                you can get the service done at an independent smart place or any competent local garage , as long as they are VAT registered and they use parts " of equal or better than manufactures quality " they can stamp the service book and it does not invalidate the warranty...... I'm fairly sure thats the correct wording , but I'm sure that it is correct . ....... I hope this helps .
                Last edited by brulaw1; 10-05-06, 12:32 AM.

Comment

if u think thats dear, u better get your liver on e-bay for the B service, lol,

Comment

Aw don't say that Jason.........How much?

Comment

WOW!!! A 700BHP car for 7K!! not bad atall.... Will pop straight out tomorrow and buy one!
                      How do people get these jobs?! When I search for a job most employers ask for a little thing called "EXPERIENCE!"

Comment

was told by merc it be around 300, i nearly fell through the floor, but then i looked in the service book and they do seem to do loads of checks and work on the car, and as with all services, you know they are going to find something wrong, especially as 28,000 is usually out of the 2 year warranty. so you have to pay for all parts and labour,
                        anyone know what the going rate is for Merc labour, could be a laugh to find out.

Comment

Think merc charge around the 80 mark!! eeek!!

Comment

She was a Merc sales woman, so did not really know anything about Smarts but even so, after she said it twice she still did not know she had said something wrong until she pulled the specs up. Maybe its because she is used to selling Maybachs and SLK's not 700cc smarts, it was so funny though. stuck up tart in merc showroom being laughed at by smelly old me,,lol she wasnt happy.

Comment

80 quid an hour, OMG, lol, thought Formula 1 took the P!ss a bit at 25. Love the Smarts but really dont think its fair on young drivers having to pay so much especially as they are prob going to be buying them out of warranty.
                              Its like insurance, my partners 19, 4500 Merc wanted to charge for comp insurance, i know u can shop around for insurance and we got it for 1500, but its the same principal, we are paying Merc prices for Smart cars, and if you go to another garage i guess you would have to be careful because they have probably never even seen a Smart ForFour.
                              Last edited by jason_2012; 10-05-06, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X