Aftermarket Headunit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket Headunit

Has anyone fitted a aftermarket headunit to a forfour?

If so have you had any problems at all?

I'm thinking of getting an alpine ipod kit but i'm worried because i had problems with a Parrot bluetooth kit i had fitted (battery running out, car imobilised itself etc)

Re: Aftermarket Headunit

I've done fitted an aftermarket one myelf as the radio 5 is good enough for my use but I do remember that badger did a guide on how to fit one.

as for any problems cropping up, I've not heard of anyone say they had problems.

Comment

You can get the fascia adapter from ebay or smarts-r-us. I've kept the radio 5 in mine cos it looks neat... and the scallywags won't break in to nick it cos it looks all integrated.

Comment

I got my fascia from caraudiodirect.co.uk
        Not managed to actually get it working yet as the wiring is not standard ISO I think.

Comment

I've just got a smarts-r-us smart to iso connector for the power and one for the speakers, just choosing a radio now. The speakers smart to iso connector includes a passive crossover to filter out low frequencies to the tweeters so they don't damage. I've fitted the alpine speakers, just choosing the head unit, perhapse alpine too as they seem a dedicated manufacturer (don't also make fridges etc) but they don't seem to offer usb or card inputs. Blaupunkt look good.... any suggestions? Cheers.

Comment

i have radio 6 in my brabus but i wanna get a mp3 headunit as getting an after marker cd changer will cost the earth to buy and fit cos its so difficult.

anyone fitted one of those?

Comment

Originally posted by smart-e-pants
              i have radio 6 in my brabus but i wanna get a mp3 headunit as getting an after marker cd changer will cost the earth to buy and fit cos its so difficult.

smart do an mp3 player lead for not a huge amount of money.

Comment

Originally posted by smart-e-pants

The audio lead is a Mercedes Benz part ( not smart) No: A 169 540 49 08, is called a cable harness, and in Jan it cost £11.02 inc vat.

It does not allow control of iPods, or MP3 players, track selection etc has to be done through the player, and volume control via the radio or multifunction steering wheel.

Takes about 10 minutes to fit, if you don't drop the screws :censor:

Denison now do a kit that is designed to work on the Merc Audio 20 (radio six) and Audio 50 (Navigator unit) for full iPod control but it costs about £200.

If you need instructions on removing your radio, Badger left an excellent 'to do' here http://www.thesmartclub.com/board/showthread.php?t=78

Jace

Comment

HELLO... HAS ANYONE HAD PROBS WITH THE SWITCH LIVE TO A AFTER MARKET HEADUNIT..!! ie.. THE H/U TURNS ON AND OFF WITH THE KEY RATHER THAN HAVING TO TURN THE H/U ON &OFF YOURSELF..!! WHAT TO DO TO CURE THIS ETC..!!? CHEERS

Comment

Originally posted by MR BEN..!
                    HELLO... HAS ANYONE HAD PROBS WITH THE SWITCH LIVE TO A AFTER MARKET HEADUNIT..!! ie.. THE H/U TURNS ON AND OFF WITH THE KEY RATHER THAN HAVING TO TURN THE H/U ON &OFF YOURSELF..!! WHAT TO DO TO CURE THIS ETC..!!? CHEERS
                    Does this help?............ http://evilution.co.uk/index.php?pag...&id=76&men=ice

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X