Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fortwo - ForFour

Hi all, long time no post (damn work!)

Anyway, my ForTwo is starting to become too inconvienent (can't spell) for me now, and I am looking to get a bigger car.

I really want to stay with the Smart brand, and I love the look of the ForFour! I've not driven one (but going to go for a test drive on Saturday). But I have a few questions!

Has anyone gone from a ForTwo to a FourFor? If you have, did you still find it as fun?

What should I be looking out for (if anything) when going to buy a ForFour?

Any recommended extras that are worth while? And if you think I've missed something, please add anything else!

Thanks!

Re: Fortwo - ForFour

I wrote this which may or may not help you.
    http://www.smartmaniacs.co.uk/forums...ad.php?t=30544

In retrospect, I suppose "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" wasn't a great "safe word..."

Comment

I would say that is a very fair review of the forfour. I wouldn't go for the lounge seat option as there are guides on here which enable you to DIY it. I've got the twin face armrest but it does get in the way a bit i'm always banging my elbow on it.

I wanted a fortwo but having a family that was just not an option.

You should be able to pick up a good deal now they're are killing it off.

Comment

Fortwo or a ForFour? SOD IT you can get a Second Hand Porsche Boxster for less than £12,000.:censor: :censor:

Comment

Buy a copy of this weeks Autocar, apparently you can buy a blackbasic forfour for the princely sum of £5500ish.

If you're getting one, get the cheapest possible cos no matter what it'll lose shed loads.

Comment

Originally posted by R2UAN
            Hi all, long time no post (damn work!)

Anyway, my ForTwo is starting to become too inconvienent (can't spell) for me now, and I am looking to get a bigger car.

I really want to stay with the Smart brand, and I love the look of the ForFour! I've not driven one (but going to go for a test drive on Saturday). But I have a few questions!

Has anyone gone from a ForTwo to a FourFor? If you have, did you still find it as fun?
            I went from a for2 to a roadster and then a forfour, they're all different and all fun in their own ways if u want fun and practicality then defanatly go for a forfour

Comment

Thanks for that everybody.

I went and test drove a 1.3 passion with lots of extras and I am in love. How people can't like them I don't know!

Smart only offered me £5500 for my fortwo :censor: So I'm going to try sell privatly. There is someone on ebay after a fortwo cab in swap for their forfour pulse, but it's only a 1.1.

Now, is there anyway I can sort of upgrade this cheap (if I did go for it)?

Thanks all!

Comment

Not suprised you like the 1.3 Passion...

Comment

Definatly the best isn't it? :p

Comment

I really doubt you'd notice the extra 10bhp if you'd got the 1.5... I think the 1.3 is the best compromise on the engine side of things... Remaps should be coming soon for them too... and as they have variable valve timing they're quite economical (under 3500 revs).

Comment

Yes. I was told that the 1.3 is probably most economical of the petrol versions. And the 1.1 wasn't very good at all because of all the gear changing and high revs to get anywhere.

I didn't really push the 1.3 as the salesman was next to me (incase I forgot how to drive a manual )

Comment

I had a 1.3 as a courtesy car, they gave it me for 3 days with 186 miles on the clock.

I gave it back with near 700!

It flew up the motorway no problem at all, comfy little car.

I still prefer my Roadster though

Comment

I was talking to a pal who has a roadster, said the 1.5 cdi (95bhp) forfour would have urinated all over his roadster!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X