Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircon

Hi all,

I have a 1.3 passion which has air-con with temp control as standard. Problem is I can't figure out if the air-con is working or not! I put it on it's coldest setting and press the button, the light comes on as if to say "I'm working" but the air doesn't seem to get colder!

How can I check if the air-con is working properly? Should it come out all freezing and cold, or because it's temp-controlled, maybe it wont cut in until the temp has got to a certain level?

Cheers

Gav

Re: Aircon

the cold doesn't kick in straight away , it normally takes anywhere from 30 secs to 1 min for you to notice it.

Comment

i lnow mines on after about 30seconds the car is freezing

Comment

Hoagie ..... it does take a while for the air to get really cool ... .. it helps if you have it on recirculated when you first put the aircon on ..... if ya know what i mean .... lol:goodlk:

Comment

and the fan has to be on 1 or more too.:goodlk:

Comment

Yup what they all said... esp the fan on 1 bit, venture on the side of more as its useless on this setting!

Comment

If you have one of them inside/outside temp sensors lying around, then shove the outside temp probe into one of the air outlets. Within minutes it should read chilly air temps ( depending on response time of gauge ) Thats how I found out my AC was fckued... I spose I have a leak somewhere.

:cup:

Comment

Hmmm... I'm not sure mine is working ok! I've had it on for ages, and it doesn't seem to be pumping out any colder air... I mean I'm expecting it to get freezing! I guess I should book it in to be checked out at a smart center under warantee

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X