Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front bonnet.

Hi people,

my 44 was hit by a stone today and i now have a 2 inch gash right up the bonnet. Does anyone know how much it is to get the bonnet replaced. or if things like this are covered by the extra paint warranty thingy u buy from merc. I've only had the car 2 weeks, looks a right mess. its silver if the colour makes a dif on price.

Cheers.
    Jay.

Re: Front bonnet.

Hello Jay -

Sorry to hear about that, it is a bugger when it happens. On which part of the bonnet is the damage? Is it the openable bit or the front nose?

@JamesMackB

Comment

its the front nose but not the trident thingy. its the plastic bit below the bonnet.

Comment

if it's not too deep a gash then you could always a touch up stick from smart.

I wouldn't expect it to be cheap for a replacement front bumper / nose.

Comment

I have had the same sort of thing with mine (except the mark is a lot smaller!). I just figure that eventually I'll get the bonnet resprayed.

It's plastic, so it won't rust or anything.

Touch it up if you can, but smart told me they don't do touch-up pens (for my colour Champagne Remix)

Comment

Smartsrus quoted 50 quid for the part and then 120 for painting, so i think i will pop down to merc and get a touch up stick, mines silver so i guess they do one. if its happened after only two weeks im sure it will happen again and im not changing panels every few months, i think once its cleaned up it wont look that bad. just got to get the black stain off. i'll have to get some tar remover or something.
            Cheers for your help guys

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X