Dump Valve ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dump Valve ?

Any news on a dump valve available for the forfour yet ?(of course I mean for the brabus / diesel versions with turbo)

are the "universal" dump valves that are around suitable for the forfour or does it require one developed just for the forfour ?

Re: Dump Valve ?

For a petrol turbo version you can use a normal DV, not on a diesel though.
    Diesels work differently, the don't have a plenumn that moves so there is never any back pressure to be dumped.

Comment

cool , any particular one you would recommend ?

not sure what are the good brands when it comes to dump valves, i want one that'll do the job well but also sound great.

Comment

www.forgemotorsport.co.uk were going to look at doing one, dunno if it happened.

On the Colt CZT fitting a dump valve sends the ecu into panic and shuts it all down.

Comment

If that is the case it will have an airflow meter, easy to sort, they have special DVs for it. The scooby has a flow meter.

Comment

Originally posted by Evilution
            If that is the case it will have an airflow meter, easy to sort, they have special DVs for it. The scooby has a flow meter.
            any ideas which company / brand to approach ?

Comment

I know blitz do one, best thing to do is join a scooby forum and do a search.

Comment

any luck or light you can shed kaizer?

Comment

Bonalume do one for the Colt CZT which i'm sure is exactly the same as the brabus forfour.

Comment

what you are looking for is called a recircualting dump valve.

Comment

No i've not had any luck yet coz everything i read seems to point to problems even with ones that are supposed to work fine with the CZT.

Some CZT owners who've fitted the bonalume one are saying it seems to work fine for a couple of weeks then throw up all sorts of problems , some have even reported a reduction in power.

Shame coz I'd love to get one fitted to my Brabus.

Comment

will this work?
                        http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/con...roduct=FMDV001

Comment

To quote that page
                          "Suitable for all turbo cars WITHOUT an Air Flow Meter"

So no.

Comment

Ok, if you want the noise then you want a VTA valve, a recirc wont give you the pssht you require. However, the fitment of a VTA will cause fuelling issues because the MAF senses air taken in and prepares fuel to suit. If the air is dumped prior to combustion there is a surplus amount of fuel. this is dumped into the cylinders and either a rich combustion takes place (a pop from the exhaust) or worse it can cause bore wash. Fundamentally without altering the fuelling to suit a vta (use an Apexi SFAC) you risk borewash, damaging the cat (if u have it in) and general poor running. Why do you want a VTA anyway, i understand changing to an aftermarket valve if you have increased the boost and the standard one is leaking?

Comment

my bad

how bout these

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/con...2&catalog=0006

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X