Permanant live feed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permanant live feed

Anyone know where i can find a perm live without ripping half my car to bits, want to change my footwell lights so i dont have to have ignition switched on.

Re: Permanant live feed

Ignitition barrel?

Comment

What about off the live feed to the Cig lighter ?

Comment

Phil - are you sure ciggy lighter is live when the ignition is off?

ICY, what about the permenant live to the radio?

@JamesMackB

Comment

Cig lighter isn't permanent... you could try the yellow wire (or red wire, can never remember... good thing I'm not defusing a bomb!) that goes into the radio, or run a new wire from the battery (with inline fuse!).

Make yourself a test kit with a couple of wires and a 12v bulb... just connect one side of the bulb to anything metal and attached to the body, and with the other end probe the wires going into the stereo (ignition off!)

Comment

Originally posted by smartsparky
            Phil - are you sure ciggy lighter is live when the ignition is off?
            Soory my error , was thinking about the perminant live feed thats on the interior light in the front of the dash on the ForTwo ( the one next to the cig lighter ) , not sure if you have them on the ForFour

Comment

Originally posted by phildperv
              Soory my error , was thinking about the perminant live feed thats on the interior light in the front of the dash on the ForTwo ( the one next to the cig lighter ) , not sure if you have them on the ForFour
              No probs Phil. The interior light in the forfours is in the "conventional" location above the rear view mirror. Think maybe the radio feed might be the best option. The least distructive!!

@JamesMackB

Comment

Just be careful you don't overload the line you pick up your permanent supply from or else you'll be popping fuses ops:

Mike

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X