speedo error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speedo error

Does anybody know if there is a speedo error on the forfour and if so by how much. The upper speeds are bunched up on the dial.

Re: speedo error

There is on my BRABUS, but I cant remember what % and i'm sure it'd be different on lesser models. Borrow someones satnav and find out for yourself.

Comment

Just dont do what i ended up doing the other day by having a nice policeman tell me my exact speed, just as he was writing a ticket out.

Comment

I think I got clobbered by a mobile speed camera van on the way to work yesterday. :censor: The speedo was reading 35mph in a 30 zone. Trouble is, by the time you've seen them and looked at your speedo, they've already clocked you, so hitting the brakes is not going to make any difference. Have to see what the postman brings.:frown: I could rant on about it not being fair, and go on about the police not having better things to do like catching real criminals instead of picking on law abiding folk just trying to go to work and earn a living to pay the road tax and the tax on petrol and all the other taxes and insurance costs etc.we pay to use the roads in the first place, but I won't.:zip:

Comment

I dont know about the 44, but when the roadster is reading 30mph, the x gauge reads 27 mph. I gather this value (10%, 3mph) seems to be a smart trait?

Comment

On the BRABUS 35 is about 32 from memory. I think you'd be ok if you were doing 35 on the speedo, I cant see any of them having a dead accurate speedo.

Comment

Thanks Tony, Will have to see if I hear anything about it.

Comment

i have a snooper and my brabus speedo and my snooper speedo are just about the same

Comment

I seem to remember that a tolerance of +/-3% at 30MPH was the legally allowable range,but this may have been changed.

Comment

Originally posted by smartmp
                    I seem to remember that a tolerance of +/-3% at 30MPH was the legally allowable range,but this may have been changed.
                    actually its +/- 10% at any speed. so 30mph is +/- 3 mph

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X