Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service interval

Helloooo...

My forfour 1.3 passion is telling me it's got 9600 miles to go before it's next double spanner service, now what I'm asking is should it have another services before that one (every 9000 miles) cos after it's most recent service (done at 10,000 miles by the dealer I bought it off), the indicator was telling me it was in 14,000 miles! Will it need an oil change in between or what? Cos the interval is 9000 miles isn't it?

*confused*

Re: Service interval

nope only the smarts are 9300 or a year (whichever is 1st) its set at 14000 for the forfours, fantastic for the owners

Comment

Ta sam... You're a leg-end

Comment

I've just had my C service done by smarts for you at 27k but now my 4-2 brabus is saying its only 7k till my next service?????

Can you Help me ppplllllleeeeaaaasee?:thanx:

Comment

This is a forfour forum... We only have A and B services

Comment

as far as i know the BRABUS forfour has a different service history down to the tuned engine

Comment

Sam is right .....brab forfour is serviced more often than the others .... which require a service every 14.000 miles or 1 year whichever comes first

Comment

Diesel service is 17000 miles

Comment

Originally posted by gosforth
                  Diesel service is 17000 miles
                  Lubrication services are becoming ridiculously far apart on some vehicles, great if you want to save money, but I can't help thinking it doesn't help the engines longevity.

My little turbocharged petrol engined Daihatsu has 6k lubrication service intervals, to go a year or more without changing the engine's lifeblood seems wrong to me!:frown:

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamboy
                    I've just had my C service done by smarts for you at 27k but now my 4-2 brabus is saying its only 7k till my next service?????

Can you Help me ppplllllleeeeaaaasee?:thanx:
                    :jacked: but the fortwo BRABUS service interval IS 7000miles. Sorry.

Comment

The BRABUS forfour interval is still open to debate, but the latest thought is:

regardless of what the computer says, an oil change every 6000 miles. Every time the oil is changed it then extends the mileage. So having just had a B service my car is showing 14,000 miles to the next A service, but with the oil changes in between it'll extend itself to over 20,000miles. If they dont coincide then it's gotta go in for an A service less oil change.

Tis a farce I tell ya! Cambelt interval is 62500 on the BRAB (currently the only smart with a cambelt)

Comment

I'm still a little confused of the service interval for my dci 95. I didn't get any service documentation that I could decipher with the car (now 18months old) and I have had to rely on the service indicator on the dash. :newbie:

I've had one service (about 4 months ago) and am now showing approx 8k miles to my next service (I have just passed 25k miles).

I am disappointed that Smart have stopped making my car but the upside is it will be even more unusual. I'm a high mileage driver and my driving is a mix of country roads, motorway and urban driving and I love my forfour

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X