Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing horn

Hi to all!

Having recently been fortunate enough to take advantage of the new purchase contract deals from Smart, I have now acquired a black Brabus For Four. I have to say I am delighted with the car….the best I have ever owned. I had originally dismissed them, (altho I thought they looked cool) as a plastic ‘toy’, but after my girlfriend bought a roadster, I had the opportunity to look at them up close. My interest was sufficiently aroused to organise a test drive, after which I was hooked. I tried the 1.5 petrol & diesel models which were great handlers & surprisingly nippy. However, my g/f convinced me to go for a Brabus…..u only live once!!!!

Initial impressions are of general solidity, superb handling & build quality, let down by a few minor quirks: eg positioning of the electric window switches, LCD display & unclear dials,. One guy on the forum complained about his seat kept lowering……I discovered why……the weight in the seat causes the foam to compress which catches the height adjustment lever pushing it down. I took mine off & ground about ¼” off so it misses now!

One thing I would like to do is fit some air horns. The current horn is pathetic & embarrassing, & not in keeping with the rest of the car. Unfortunately, the front has to be removed to get to it, & I cant for the life of me figure it out! If anyone knows how to do this, any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Replacing horn

The standard horn is underneath and the undertray needs to be removed to gain access.
    Brabus has fitted some air horns to his smart.
    PM him via http://smartmaniacs.co.uk/forums/member.php?u=8786
    Edit: OOPS - sorry - thought it was a ForTwo - Shame on me.
    Last edited by Bat-Man; 04-07-06, 09:02 AM.

Comment

On my forfour the horn is to the top left behind front grill, am putting air horns in myself once i figure out how to, as the crappy horn looks a ***** to get to.

Comment

Originally posted by ICY
        On my forfour the horn is to the top left behind front grill, am putting air horns in myself once i figure out how to, as the crappy horn looks a ***** to get to.
        Are you gonna get ones that play "La Cucuracha"?

Comment

Nah dixie horns

Comment

Are you gonna repaint yer forfour bright orange with a General Lee flag on the roof?

Comment

Nah will stick with the tinted lenses lol

Comment

Tinted lenses are soooo crass...

Comment

I take it no-one on this forum knows how to get the front off a For-four. I checked with my local SmartArse & they dont know how to do it either

Comment

Am afraid not.
                    But can I suggest you give Wellsmart a call??
                    I know they have sprayed a forfour, so I assume the panels came off to do it! might be worth giving them a call :smile:

In retrospect, I suppose "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" wasn't a great "safe word..."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X