Is this serious?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this serious?

I've had my Forfour for three weeks now, it's brand new ( not boasting or anything, just to claify the point ) and it's booked back in to the dealers to have the alarm looked at because it has some kind of fault i.e. not working!:frown:

Understandable that on a new car the odd thing might need rectifying, but I am not happy, because I noticed another problem tonight on the way home from work. I don't know if this is serious or not, but basically there is a squeaky noise coming from the nearside front wheel. I had a look and when you bounce that corner of the car it makes a squeak. It also does it on steering the wheel as well. All the other corners are fine. This may sound a bit thick, but is it likely to need a squirt of WD40 or something to put it right, or is the wheel going to collapse when I next hit a bump?
    Its particularly annoying because I was planning to drive from Bedford down to London tommorow night afer work. Not sure if I dare now! :censor:

Re: Is this serious?

Have a look through some of the old forfour posts , these are both common problems wit the forfour

Comment

Not a Smart expert but it sounds to me like suspension bushes. It may just go away or you may need new ones fitted. If it is bushes it is still safe to drive but get it looked at soon.

Comment

if it's going in for the oh so common alarm sensitivity, get them to look at the squeak at the same time!

In retrospect, I suppose "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" wasn't a great "safe word..."

Comment

There is a mod for the "sharp squeak" that (so far on my car) appears effective.

Comment

Mine had same squeek, it turned out to be a leaky shocker, they changed that shocker, i am still fighting to get smart to change the other side under warranty, think i have won though

Comment

Thanks for the info guys! I spoke to the service dept. today and they reckon it's a dry bush. Not impressed, it's only got 450 miles on it! Makes me wonder how long it had been sitting in a field somewhere waiting to be sold... I'm still going to London in it though. The dealer said they'd look at it when they sort the alarm out.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X