Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brabus road springs

How do!

I just won some brabus road springs off the 'bay for my forfour, couple of questions:

1) Should I get Smart to fit them?

2) How much would it be for Smart to fit them?

3) How much do they lower the car by?

4) If I got it done by an independant, would it invalidate my warranty?

5) If done by an indy, how much?

Cheers!

HK :thanx:
    Last edited by HoagieKat; 14-07-06, 09:32 AM.

Re: Brabus road springs

smart would probably say that they should fit it as some 'special tools' will be needed.

most car places will be able to fit them for you, as the special tools are just spring clamps.

as for warranty im not sure, most of the time it is said that if genuine smart parts are used then the warranty remains, so the brabus ones should be ok.

not sure on a price, someone else should have in idea..

Comment

although it may cost a bit more I would get smart to do it & then at least you know it's been done correctly & will have no issues with warranty

Comment

I'm now thinking of getting them done at Smartarse in Watford, their hourly rate is exceptionally good, and shouldn't have any warranty problems as the springs are genuine brabus smart springs, being fitted by a VAT registered company, so that's all ok... but...

Question is, Smart said I might need some new shocks as the originals might "Bottom Out", I noticed that the brabus springs are an official accessory on the smart site, as well as brabus suspension, so I'm thinking maybe I don't need new shocks to go with the springs, anyone got any thoughts? I'm sure the brabus springs only lower by 15mm or so anyway, nowhere near as much as the greenline springs anyway.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X