Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ForFour questions

Hi
    Finally took delivery of my new ForFour 1.5 CDI (95) Passion last night. Couple of probs though - the dealer told me it was a 2005 car, turns out it is a 2004 model. As far as i can tell no changes were made to the passion between 04 and 05 other than the addition of a parcel shelf - anyone know any different? Secondly - some of the metals on the car look a tad oxidised, as does the wiper arms - is this easy to polish up? Thirdly - should I be worried about my car having sat in a field somewhere for a year or more?? I mean, it drives fine, the bodywork is fine - it looks all new (apart from the few bits of oxidisation) so should I worry or am I being paranoid???

Thanks
    Alton

Re: New ForFour questions

Stop being paranoid... Most cars sit around in docks/fields/etc for months, years before they get registered... If you want a parcel shelf, complain to the dealer and get them to fit one. Wiper arms are usually matt black anyway...

Hope this helps... Mine is an 05 model too... haven't bothered deciphering the VIN yet so I dunno when it was built!

Comment

As far as i know gosforth, a 2004 car has black fake vents on the bonnet, and the 2005 model does not have these.

not sure about your wipers being oxidised, our for four is a 2004 living on the north sea coast and they look as good as new?? maybe you should mention it to your dealer.

Apart from that just enjoy it

Comment

Thanks guys . Oh and I like the fake air vents and noticed they were missing in the 2005 catalogue. It is a lovely car - v impressed with quality - almost like a Golf but way cooler. I will polish the metally bits - it is just the kick plates and the Smart and chciken head badges - any good products to use??

Comment

Mine is due some new wipers as the black has flaked off!

Kate

Comment

Mine doesn't have the fake airvents... quite glad cos I don't like em!

Comment

Originally posted by gosforth
              Hi
              Finally took delivery of my new ForFour 1.5 CDI (95) Passion last night. Couple of probs though - the dealer told me it was a 2005 car, turns out it is a 2004 model.
              Where has it been for two years?

I hope you got a great deal on it!

Comment

don't know what the cut off was between the 2004 and 2005 model years - usually model years don't run with chronological years. It may have been sitting around for a year somewhere - i mean it all seems perfect so i probably should be happy. Did get a good deal i.e. 1500 off, 1% interest and 4 year warranty (have a letter from smart to confirm the warranty btw)

Comment

Hi
                  Sounds like a better deal than I got, only 1 yr warranty. I have the same issue with 2004/2005. The dealer has ordered a shelf but hasn't got back yet
                  Mal

Comment

The four year warranty is a good part of the deal. although i've not had too many problems with my forfour.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X