Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servicing rear brake pads?

Hi,

Just been doing some general maintenance on my forfour passion which has disc brakes all round.

Took the back wheel off and noticed that the hand brake mechanism stops the brake caliper coming far enough out to release the brake pads, does anyone know a way to either detatch the hand brake bit to release the caliper or an official way to service the brakes at the back?

thanks for any help!!

Re: Servicing rear brake pads?

You need to jack the car up, chock the front wheels and release the handbrake. Make sure you do it on level ground though!

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvia
      You need to jack the car up, chock the front wheels and release the handbrake. Make sure you do it on level ground though!
      thx for the reply, yeah i did it with the hand brake off (rear wheels spin) but there isnt enough room to get the caliper off...

Comment

You have to disconnect the handbrake cable inside the car. Just behind the handbrake handle is a panel to lift and then you can slacken off a nut and slip off the cables. Then you can unbolt the caliper to remove the pads.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackDog
          You have to disconnect the handbrake cable inside the car. Just behind the handbrake handle is a panel to lift and then you can slacken off a nut and slip off the cables. Then you can unbolt the caliper to remove the pads.
          nice one thx for the info, i'll have a go when theres more light

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X