Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Speakers Forfour

Heya,

I decided to replace the front and rear speakers on the forfour. I've managed to replace the front ones which ended up being simple enough.

But, the rear ones are proving troublesome. They were never fitted as the option wasn't originally chosen so I've used the following instructions

"http://www.smartzplanet.com/howto/How%20to%20Install%2044%20Rears%20.pdf"

to attempt to fit them. Buuut the wiring plug and speakers wires themselves aren't where they should be according to the instructions? Just wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what can be done about this lol?

Thanks for any help!

Re: Rear Speakers Forfour

Oh dear... I had the same trouble, and I'm still trying to find the wires! Apparently they should be in(!!!) the door pillar...

Has you're got manual rear windows? cos it seems if you have manual rears, and no sound-pack, then you don't get rear connectors... which sux!

I've not had a chance to take it all apart yet...

Comment

Yes lol..manual windows. Which might explain matters.

Do you have any idea how to get into the door pillar? :redface:

Comment

No idea! I'm sure it'll involve torx screws at some stage though...

Comment

Ahaaa.

"to put speakers in the rear do the same as the front but when you take the grille off you will need to cut the plastic out of the middle of the hole to enable the speaker to fit, this is easy with a sharp stanley knife.
          next take the rubber conduit out from the door post and the door,when you take the door post one out there will be a multi plug just inside the body which has the rear speaker wires upto it, one is yellow with a red trace and the other is grey with a red trace,feed your new speaker wire through the conduit and into the door to the speaker hole and the other end needs to be connected to these two wires. i have cut mine just as they go into the multi plug and then joined them and taped them. pop everything back in it's hole and then fit your speaker as the front ones. easy - job done.
          i have got photos but could'nt work out how to put them on here, it says they are too big.
          i fitted sony explod 2 way speaker which i got off ebay for £17.99 a pair, the guy did me four for £42 including delivery.
          hope this helps."

Found that with your contribution of door pillar. Yay?

Comment

Cool... wonder if you can get the real wiring loom from smart?

Comment

Well using those instructions, I have now got one working rear speaker lol.

But its an amazingly fiddly job when trying to stick speaker wires inside the rubber conduit. Apart from that...would so recommend anyone with only the two speakers to do it.

Comment

I think I'll have a go at the weekend, cos I need to get some speaker cable in that case... and spades connectors... etc... etc... oh and speakers... *wanders off to look on ebay*

Comment

Originally posted by tacticalgrace
                  Ahaaa.

one is yellow with a red trace and the other is grey with a red trace,

Cant find any wires this colour in mine, Cant find a multi plug for that matter :beerme: (or an answer lol)

Comment

I found the multi-plug... it's within the door post, you should see some wires going into the rear door that do the central locking, give them a tug and the multi-plug shall apear (don't tug too hard!)

Comment

Are the above coloured wires just up to the multi plug then ?

Comment

Looks that way... I might try to see if a spade connector will fit so I don't have to splice into the harness...

Comment

WOOOOHOOOOOOO just found it, cant get much of it out though to splice into, will have a look see what connectors i have

Comment

They are very thin though dont think i have any that will fit that

Comment

bloody hell I'm so glad my brab already has rear speakers so I won't have to go through the pain & strife you guys have when I upgrade mine.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X