Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forfour problems :(

Hey

I have a new (well, 6 months old now) ForFour with only 4000 miles on the clock. This last week its been behaving oddly - one day, I had trouble pulling away in first gear (its manual, by the way) and had to switch the engine off, then turn it on before it would go.

Then its been getting really sluggish, and the other day tried to stall on me when I had my foot flat to the floor of the clutch . At times it sounds like its in really high revs, but it isnt (or at least the rev counter isnt displaying high revs) and it is so slow and unrespnsive at times, I'm flooring it simply so it will move.

Other times, it's fine, but it's been getting worse and worse. It's booked in to Smart of Lakeside on Friday, as it has other minor problems (an alarm that goes off consistently at 1am, and reverse gear that is a total bugger!! :censor: ) but this seems more serious. Any ideas of what it can be? And how long this might take to fix? I'm worried that it will go in and not seem at all problematic for them, and then they wont do any work. It's still under guarantee for all the work thats done to it, so I'm not concerned about how much work they'll do ... just how little!! ?

What do you think of these problems I'm having with it? Have you had anything like this?

I'd appreciate any comments, thanks :thanx:

Nina

Re: Forfour problems

Alarm issue normal, they'll turn down the sensitivity.
    Reverse gear normal, there is no synchro on reverse, they all crunch, and always will.
    Can't really expain dodgy performance, could be something as simple as a blocked fuel filter and/or air filter?? is it due a service?
    :smile:

In retrospect, I suppose "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" wasn't a great "safe word..."

Comment

Hiya Nina

Sorry to here your car aint well think its best to tell the garage all the probs u have an yeah the reverse gear is :censor: to put into but hogiekat's tip is hold your foot on the clutch for 5 secs then in2 reverse gear works a treat its a shame bout the other probs my car is nearly done 30,000 miles an a year old an no probs yet with it (touch wood) but id deff tell em bout the other probs.

April

Comment

I noticed a similar thing on my mum's forfour. And I actually managed to stall it one say doing a steep hill start and hers is NOT manual! mg: In terms of response, I do notice a considerable lack between my fortwo and the forfour. However it doesn't seem to be as bad as your are experiencing... hopefully smart can shed some light! :goodlk:

@JamesMackB

Comment

Thanks

It's not due a service yet (only 6 months old, and 4000 miles, though the spanner is showing so I need to reset that, or get Smart to), but I'm hoping they'll be able to sort the problems out fairly simply...

Equally, if it takes them a few days I wouldnt mind having a fortwo whilst they sort my car out :mwaha:

Nina

Comment

i was told that the alarm sensitivitry can't be turned down as I am having the same alarm probs

Comment

Oh yes it can, i would advise going to a different dealer, they all know about it, as it is a common fault

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X