retro fitting paddles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• retro fitting paddles

Has anybody fitted a or had fitted paddles to a 1.3 passion with the standard steering wheel? The forfour driving experience is far better in softip than softouch, but I do like the idea of my hands not leaving the wheel.

Re: retro fitting paddles

We keep meaning to try my wheel on Gav's car to see if it's just plug & play! Must try to remember to do this next week! But the paddles are only avaliable on the multi-function wheel from Smart so we will need to look and see it they will fit too!

Kate

Comment

It won't be plug and play unfortunatly... It will most probably need TANing. smart still want to make some money... Damn electronics!

@JamesMackB

Comment

Forfours are a bit odd though, the systems don't quite talk the same as fortwos or roadies, one of the main reasons we can't re-map them! So it's kind of worth a try, esp as the forfour paddles are fab little buttons that sit right where your fingers are!

Kate

Comment

Fair play! Give it a go - it would be interesting to hear how it goes - keep us informed! :goodlk:

@JamesMackB

Comment

Well I dont think they are. Here's why.

Theres a guy over on smartclub who spent a LARGE sum of money on a forfour 1.1 Passion, with ALL the options. However his dealer didnt order the paddles. Apparently they tried to fit the paddlewheel and gave up, and they had to order him in a new car with ALL the options again. So they did have a 1.1 passion forfour in Graphite and Silver for £15k used. Dunno if they still have it tho.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X