what oil??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what oil??

I suddenly found that my oil level is below min, the car is due for a service in 1000 miles, but i still think i should top some up be asap, any one can tell me what type of oil i should buy?? Mine is a forfour diesel. any advise would be appreciated.

Re: what oil??

RTFM (but tbh any decent oil would be ok for that short time, esp if you have some sat around at home)

Comment

What made you suddenly check your oil. I hope it wasn't the appearance of the oil pressure light. You should check your oil regularly between services and not just rely on the yearly oil change. These modern synthetic oils are very thin and you will use oil. Consult your handbook and make sure you check the engine oil when hot and allow the oil to drain back into the sump for a few minutes after you've stopped the engine. And don't overfill

Comment

Originally posted by bzsmart
        I suddenly found that my oil level is below min, the car is due for a service in 1000 miles, but i still think i should top some up be asap, any one can tell me what type of oil i should buy?? Mine is a forfour diesel. any advise would be appreciated.
        Mobile1 0.W.40 be very careful not to over-fill!

Comment

Originally posted by bilgladstone
          Mobile1 0.W.40 be very careful not to over-fill!
          Its a forfour CDI, the forfour's have different oil needs.

Comment

So what oil for a 1.3 (petrol) forfour?
            Last edited by HoagieKat; 09-09-06, 01:32 PM.

Comment

10/40W Fully synthetic would be ok. Why don't you check the manual?

Comment

Can't find it!

Comment

Castrol reccomend Edge 0-30 for the 1.3 petrol and Edge Turbo Diesel for the 1.5 diesel.

I have Castrol SLX 0-30 in mine which has now been replaced by Castrol Edge.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X