Minerva

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minerva

The paint on our new forfour is being peppered around the forward facing sections of the rear wheel arches and rear door aperture. I think its because my partner runs through country lanes everyday and the muck from the side of the road is being thrown back as the wheels turn, onto the next available object - and its sand blasting the arches. Really annoying cos we've only had it 2 weeks. Anyone seen this problem/know if mud flaps would stop it. I remember a clear film on some show cars that you can apply but who does it. Sounds a bit naff but I can't think what else to do.

Re: Minerva

The film would sort it, ask at your local vinal place. Mud flaps do help, I have them on my forfour.

Kate

Comment

Thanks for a superquick reply. Dealer told me they don't do mud flap. What did you use?

Comment

Some universal ones from Halfords, canon I think!

Kate

Comment

Stone chip problem sorted. I got some clear vinyl 3M film from a vehicle graphics supplier and cut some shapes to fit the front of the rear arches and leading edge of the rear door aperature. So far it has worked a treat and its virtually invisible. Mind you it took time to learn how to get the best results. Explanation given if required. One month in and its still working.

I decided against the mud flaps cos I prefer the pure shapes.

Comment

is your user name after the football company that were around in the 1980s?

Comment

......or maybe a character from Harry Potter??!!
              Last edited by Annie & Bertie; 11-10-06, 12:08 PM.

Comment

The stuff normally used is called Armourfend... And is desinged with adhesive that doesn't damage painwork, and that can be removed easily..

Looked into this a while back, and for a ready-cut pack designed for the entire roadster, you'd be looking at about £150... So reasonably expensive...

Comment

I used the halford protection film on my widestar. Just wish I had cut it a bit higher.

smartarse design do a ready cut pack for the standard rear arch. I think they can do armourfend also, full pack or bits as you need. I was talking to them about the widestar and this will all so be available.

Comment

Or the roman goddess of wisdom?

Comment

or Minerva , the ship owned by Swan Hellenic!
                      sigpic
                      DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

Comment

or a tiny mini-spacecraft aimed for 25143 Itokawa (weighing only 591 g, and approximately 10 cm tall by 12 cm in diameter) named MINERVA (short for MIcro/Nano Experimental Robot Vehicle for Asteroid). Unfortunately, an error during deployment resulted in the craft's failure .....
                        (straight copy from Wikipedia I admit )

Comment

Aah, looks like I struck a cord on the name. But Nosmallo, looks like you are the educated one. Yes its the Goddess Minerva. There is a history behind it - but you would probably fall asleep! So lets say, be wise and get smart!! Stone chips issue though. Yes I found Armourfend, but at £300...Then my supplier got helpful and I made my own. And yes its designed to peel off if it needs replacing. Thanks to all for replies.

Comment

I knew my classics GSCE would come in handy one day!

Comment

I thought it was after the Belgian car company called Minerva!:redface:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X