Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming home lights after software upgrade.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming home lights after software upgrade.

When I first had my Brabus forfour I read the instruction manual cover to cover , there was a section regarding coming home lights ( press the lock button twice after getting out your car & the headlights will come on for about 10 secs so you can see where you're going ).

Now the manual specified that this feature was only available on certain models / specifications. It sounded interesting so I tried it on my brabus to find I did NOT have this feature (yes I am 100% sure as I tried it like 50 times).

My brabus recently went into my local dealer for a couple of niggles to be looked at, one of the niggles was the trip computer did not always boot up when the car was started. when I went to collect my car the service guy said that there had been a recent software update for the brabus so they had updated my cars software. I though nothing else of it & went on my merry way.

Last night after returning from playing football I got out the car, shut the door & accidentley pressed the lock fob twice & to my surprise the headlights came on for about 10 / 12 seconds while I walked to the door. I tried it several times to make sure I wasn't imagining it & sure enough it worked everytime.

So i'm thinking that either :

A : the previous software on my brab was glitchy & I should have had this feature all along ?

B : Smart have decided to make it part of the recent software upgrade & enabled the feature ?

Anyone shed any "light" on the subject ?

Cheers

Re: Coming home lights after software upgrade.

c) You didnt have a clue just how to do it?

(its worked on every forfour i've used/seen)

Comment

Originally posted by J500ANT
      c) You didnt have a clue just how to do it?

(its worked on every forfour i've used/seen)
      Nope that definatley was not it as I tried it every which way you can think of ( fast / slow / light taps etc.... ), in fact even my old man tried loads of times & he couldn't get it to work either.

this feature 100% was not on my car before it went in to be looked at.

Comment

I didn't know about that feature. But, I guess it probably helps if you read the manual.
        Works on mine!

Comment

it didn't work on the night run i had as a courtesy car

Comment

Originally posted by smart.....arse
            it didn't work on the night run i had as a courtesy car
            But i'm referring to the forfour not fortwo.

correct me if i'm wrong but the night run model is only related to the fortwo ?

Comment

Yep nightrun's are fortwo's!

Kate

Comment

There is night run for 4 its all black and with a 1.1 engine

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X