My car has a gremlin :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My car has a gremlin :(

My forfour, which has been suffering numerous problems since I got it (brand new) has been back in Smart of Lakeside again, and I received a call from them today.

The problems were:

1) door on drivers side and passenger side failing to lock or close
    2) air conditioning spewing out thick grey stuff
    3) car in 6000 revs before it would move
    4) high high petrol consumption - 5 bars, for a 100 mile motorway trip :censor: :censor:
    5) car stalling all the sodding time (it is a manual btw, but i had my foot flat on the floor of the clutch)
    6) severe juddering and engine 'shake' and engine noise

Yet again, theyve failed to detect some of the problems (although are now coming round to the idea that my car is faulty) but did discover, amongst other things, that my instrument cluster has been corrupted. They also said that it is a fault in the decoding (or something?) that they havent actually seen before. I didnt think the bloke who told me this was lying, though you never know, and he did seem to think it reasonably serious as he now wants the car to be in with them for a minimum of a week within the next 2 weeks (its now been in for 3 days), and they will probably be paying for me to get insured on the courtesy car.

Now, I'm getting intensely peed off. I have a new car, that I'm paying insurance on, and cant drive, and is terrifying to drive as the damn thing has moments when it refuses to move (eg when it ws in 6000 revs :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: ).

First of all, does anyone know what the problem could be? Second - its under a yr old, and is (in my opinion) really faulty :wag: Any advice on what to do?

Re: My car has a gremlin

u sure you weren't pulling off in 5th instead of first? :p

Comment

Quite sure Trust me, this keeps happening, (though not normally as high as 6000 revs ) its getting really c*ap!

Comment

Wow - you've got a severe engine problem there!

The door fault seems to be a common issue - we had exactly the same problem on our forfour - after taking it back to smart Brentford, they fixed it under warranty.

When you say the aircon is spewing out stuff - is it a cloud of dust & does it only happen when the aircon is on?

However, with your engine sounding as rough as it is. I think you should go back and thump the counter. For only a year old - it sounds really bad. If they do repair it, you don't know how long for...!

@JamesMackB

Comment

The air con. does only spew stuff out when it's on, although it has now stopped doing that...dont know why I wasnt behind someone with a bad exhaust when it happened, I was doing a healthy 70mph on the pretty empty M25, and all of a sudden the air in the car went thick and grey until I turned the air conditioning off! :censor: :censor:

Stupid car is really fecking me off - I'm paying for insurance on it (which i cant drive, as its always in the garage, or thats how it feels) and the courtesy car.

:censor: :censor: :censor:

Comment

You've really got to put up a fight with smart I'm afraid. I think it is more than just "gremlins"... :goodlk:

@JamesMackB

Comment

Originally posted by smartsparky
              You've really got to put up a fight with smart I'm afraid. I think it is more than just "gremlins"... :goodlk:
              :thanx:

Yeah, I think my forfour is evil! :mwaha: Its even had weird tyre problems (like a blowout in a really weird place) and everything

Will let you know how I get on with Smart ... here I come! :wag: :wag:

Comment

WOW~~~~~ You got a call from Smart of Lakeside Service department? That is a miracle in itself they never return my calls I have to chase them up all the time! Good luck anyway :goodlk:

Comment

Try for a replacement under the Sale of Goods act.....item not fit for purpose

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X