Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traction Control Has Stopped Working

Hi all,

I was out in my forfour last nite giving it some stick round the bypass on route to my mates, When my broard grin was interupted by the car losing traction round the last roundabout one I hasten to add that has never caused me to loose control on before, But I did in the panic of correcting my flight path notice that the "fun" light failed to illuminate and continued to fail illumination on several more corners with the car going places it wouldn't if the TC were working....NOT GOOD!!!!!! Nearly touching cloth.

Going to investigate this further today.....Saftey Issues not many benny.

Re: Traction Control Has Stopped Working

Hmmm, maybe it sensed the craziness of the driver, and decided to give you a scare to slow you down

(sorry, i'm not normally a killjoy with regards to speed, but my mates sister died last week when she was driving in the rain and relying on electrickery in the car)

Comment

I'd like to agree with the blondster here. Electronics are only there for emergency use and not to flatter you - that's when the unexpected happens. Drive within your own skills without expecting the electronics to pick up the pieces. Cos sure enough one day that's exactly what someone else will be doing.

Comment

I know I sounded a bit like an old man with that comment, but last week really made it hit home! Have been driving very carefully since!

Comment

after a short out of wires my TCS failed in one of my fortwos, light came on with ignition, then went out, yet floor it and turn, and the wheels just lit up, twas great!! didnt need a paper clip any more :>

Comment

TC is not there to make you feel comfortable being a loon. TC is designed to assist the driver on difficult conditions and if you're not comfortable without it, you're pushing too hard with it as it can't cope with any conditions, especially in a cheap(er) car like the FF.

I actually found TC to be a pain, my last rear engine, RW drive car had nothing, no P/S, TC, ABS etc and that was a proper car, learning in that has made me more confident in the 44, but still, I only see the TC when I power up hills or slip roads, roundabouts are not worth the risk!

Sorry to sound like a killjoy, but like someone else in this thread, it's close to the bone.

Assuming your car is a 2006/05 that's a pretty *early* serious failure, get it checked out and take it in for warrenty repair.

<--- or else you get a big bill later!

Comment

I had to admit last winter the TC was fanstatic in the snow. Made me lazy as i just plant my foot and the light literally stayed on for the half hour of driving around. But made it feel safe on snow.

Of course later that afternoon i joined everyone else to the local big car park and turned it off. Much o fun!

Comment

I've not had the TC come on many times in my Brab but when it has it always seems to be when i'm in 2nd gear & floor it (also really bad torque steer, car lifts, steering goes light, no control)

other than that I try not to push it too much as I don't wanna be paying for more tyres any sooner than I have to.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X